Sony announces PS Vita TV

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you take your PS Vita TV to work? Uh... yea i can but if im going to take a handheld to work, its gonna be my 3ds.
Can you take it to school? Yea i can. Im my college people bring tv's and consoles to fuck around with between classes and play in the lunchroom.
How about that new restaurant that just opened up? Why would you take a handheld when going out to eat period?
:P

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vengenceonu
Anyway, a $99 Vita TV is not going to kill off the Vita.
It can't even play all of Vita's games due to the touch support. Only thing this will do is increase the Vita's install base and bring in more developers.

Reactions: Cortador

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
and what about Tearaway??

i-dunno-lol.jpg

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vengenceonu
Anyway, a $99 Vita TV is not going to kill off the Vita.
It can't even play all of Vita's games due to the touch support. Only thing this will do is increase the Vita's install base and bring in more developers.

I know, but the point im making is people are acting like this is revolutionizing the vita in terms of selling consoles which its not. its just a nice add on.

GBA rocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Probably already stated, but shouldn't it come with the ps4 controller? Not much of the controller can be change at this point.

or better, it should come with a ds3 at the 99$ price point instead of the 150$ bundle.
or at least just 129$.
Besides this, it's ds3-based to allow people to use the DS3s they already own, I guess.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This reminds me of the TG-16 and TurboDuo but in reverse...

Had they launched this machine as the PS4 and kept direct game compatibility (giving developers access to two markets with one piece of software...) That could have been insanely interesting.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably already stated, but shouldn't it come with the ps4 controller? Not much of the controller can be change at this point.

It's being released before the PS4, so that's probably why.

I mean, it'll still be Dualshock 4 compatible, and the PS3 controller will be more than enough for most titles on the handheld, so the wait shouldn't be a huge concern.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, but the point im making is people are acting like this is revolutionizing the vita in terms of selling consoles which its not. its just a nice add on.
It is not an add-on. It is completely autonomous of the Vita and the PS3/4...and at an attractive price-point to the curious.

Reactions: Cortador

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Because, you know, they totally didn't already do this years ago, right? The Super Game Boy and Game Boy Player weren't actual things, right?

Here we go again... Nintendo releases something cool, and people forget about it (or even mock it) over the years. Then Sony releases something similar (sometimes years later) and people are like "DURR, Nintendo is so out of touch, why don't they do this??"

Back on topic though, I think I might actually grab this thing, eventually. There are a small number of Vita games that I do want to play, and while $200 on a Vita is a bit much for just those few games, $100 seems a reasonable price, at least for me.

Besides, playing PSP games on a big screen (without having to use an annoying cable) would be pretty cool.

The real problem is:
Why don't they do it with DS/3DS games?

We had Super GameBoy and an acessory for Gamecube to play GBA games,
but there wasn't anything similar for N64(only playing pokémon trough transfer pak on Pokémon Stadium).

There was nothing similar for DS and Nintendo doesn't look interested in making something similar for 3DS.

Nintendo has been on the handheld market for way too long.
They could easily create a device specific for handheld games,
giving support for GB, GBC, GBA trough e-shop and DS and 3DS trough catridge.

or better, it should come with a ds3 at the 99$ price point instead of the 150$ bundle.
or at least just 129$.

Besides this, it's ds3-based to allow people to use the DS3s they already own, I guess.

And how are you going to emulate touch imput on a DS3?

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why would anyone want to play handheld games on their TV?

This is the exact same shit as OUYA, and we all know how amazing that is.

With this you'll have plenty of good titles to play with perfect compatibility.
What are you going to play on Oyua? Angry Birds?
I don't even talk about emulators because in all honesty, Oyua is terrible for that.

Comparing this with Oyua is nonsense.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The real problem is:
Why don't they do it with DS/3DS games?

We had Super GameBoy and an acessory for Gamecube to play GBA games,
but there wasn't anything similar for N64(only playing pokémon trough transfer pak on Pokémon Stadium).

There was nothing similar for DS and Nintendo doesn't look interested in making something similar for 3DS.

Nintendo has been on the handheld market for way too long.
They could easily create a device specific for handheld games,
giving support for GB, GBC, GBA trough e-shop and DS and 3DS trough catridge.
Until the Wii U came out, there just wasn't any viable solution for having a DS player on a home console. Cramming the two screens onto a 4:3 SDTV or 16:9 HD TV would've looked incredibly ugly, and having no touch input (the touch input in a lot of DS games seems a lot more extensive than on the Vita, from what I've seen) would've been a disaster. I mean, what were you going to to? emulate the stylus with the analog stick, or pick up a wiimote whenever you needed to use the touch screen? It would've been a mess.

Even with the Wii U, you have the problem of the two screens being completely separate rather than attached in a way so you can easily seem both at the same time. That wouldn't be a problem for most 3DS games, but tons of DS games use the "tall screen" layout where both screens together make one tall image, and that would be a disaster on the Wii U.

That said, the Wii U has been out for less than a year. Who knows, maybe Nintendo will develop something like that once they fix up the Wii U mess they're in. But I doubt it.

Reactions: ForteGospel

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With this you'll have plenty of good titles to play with perfect compatibility.
What are you going to play on Oyua? Angry Birds?
I don't even talk about emulators because in all honesty, Oyua is terrible for that.

Comparing this with Oyua is nonsense.

Yes, comparing this with OUYA is nonsense. -OUYA is better! B-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte