www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
Sheaperd121 said:
AlanJohn said:
There is someway to softmode it, right?
Yes there is a way to soft mod the go.
I don't need any 3rd party hardware, right? Only the contents of the go and the content of the box, right? If true than maybe there is a reason to buy this... (I am NOT buying this)

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AlanJohn said:
Sheaperd121 said:
AlanJohn said:
There is someway to softmode it, right?
Yes there is a way to soft mod the go.
I don't need any 3rd party hardware, right? Only the contents of the go and the content of the box, right? If true than maybe there is a reason to buy this... (I am NOT buying this)
Nothing 3rd party, just get the hen for it.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Assuming it's on firmware 6.35 or less, then yes.

There's technically a mod for 6.36, but it's not that good.
But 6.35 Pro-B is pretty good, and PRO-C is coming soon enough.

Does the downgrader work for the PSP Go?

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Rydian said:
Assuming it's on firmware 6.35 or less, then yes.

There's technically a mod for 6.36, but it's not that good.
But 6.35 Pro-B is pretty good, and PRO-C is coming soon enough.

Does the downgrader work for the PSP Go?
Yes it's works on the go

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, the PSP Go isn't a terrible device honestly, it was just kinda ahead of its time. I mean the whole theme of a platform based purely on digital distribution is probably something we'll see in our lifetimes, I mean PC gaming is already really beginning to be based off digital distribution. The problem with the PSP Go is that it was overpriced as hell when it launched and there wasn't much reason to use the PSN Store when the prices were higher and the content was more limited than just buying the physical media. I mean nowadays there's some decent pricing on the PSN Store and even if it costs more than a used version you don't need to lug around UMDs, but it's still just pretty tempting to get a new PSP 3000 and buy the used games over a new PSP Go.

Of course this is all considered if you want to go legitimate with the system and not pirate anything, if you're going to pirate stuff anyway then there's no reason for a Go over an older model.

awssk8er said:
Eh, still not too great of a price. It sounds cheap, but the original DS was $150 at launch. The PSP Go is kind of old now.

It's exactly a year newer than the DSi, old is not the correct term for it.

And for people saying "Why buy this when you can buy a NGP later?", it's a cheap solution to wanting to play PSP games now, and this is probably the best time to get a PSP. Tons of good games for it are coming out this month (The Third Birthday, God Eater Burst, Phantom Brave, and a ton of other stuff), the prices for the system are dropping (3000's are now $130, Go's are now $150 obviously), and the used market is probably pretty cheap now if you want to go that route.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
mad567 said:
I still prefer my psp 1000
yaypsp.gif
Why would someone buy a psp go, with the NGP and 3ds on the stage...
I bought one a month back and got rid of my (fully hackable) 2000. Best choice ever.

I see a lot of opinions in this thread and about 90% of you have probably never touched a PSP Go.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prwlr. said:
mad567 said:
I still prefer my psp 1000
yaypsp.gif
Why would someone buy a psp go, with the NGP and 3ds on the stage...
I bought one a month back and got rid of my (fully hackable) 2000. Best choice ever.

I see a lot of opinions in this thread and about 90% of you have probably never touched a PSP Go.
This, completely.

I had a shoddy PSP 1000, and switching to the PSPGo really was my best idea ever.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
OP
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Bump: Price was reverted back to $200 by Sony. Was it internal miscommunication? Change of heart? Who in the flap knows, lol.

Edit: This ticks me off. I've been running around for about a week enthusiastically recommending the go over the 3000 to several people. $20 extra for 16GBs more memory indeed was a sweet deal. And what does Crony do? They disappoint again.
mad.gif
(they ruined my thread too
mad.gif
)

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Snailface said:
Bump: Price was reverted back to $200 by Sony. Was it internal miscommunication? Change of heart? Who in the flap knows, lol.
well that sucks?
at the $150 price it was actually buyable (if i hadn't decided to boycott sony products, that is)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: