Hacking Homebrew PSP homebrew Questions.

Tightosp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought a psp on ebay which is at cfw 3.52 m33. My questions are 1) how can I tell what version it's at? I know you have to have version four to go to 3.71 m33. 2) Should i got to 3.71 m33? does it effect what games i can play? I would like to play the newer releases. I guess thats it. Help please!

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can check your PSP firmware version under the system settings/info button on the system menu.

There isn't that much difference between 3.52 and 3.71, I'm still on 3.40 and I've been playing most of the new releases no problems.
The differences between the firmwares will be whatever the official differences in the firmware are from Sony.

Tightosp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
oh ok. I checked it and it said im at 3.52 m33. I don't know which version i'm on. All i know is i need a umd in to launch homebrew. What's up with that?

Knab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
oh ok. I checked it and it said im at 3.52 m33. I don't know which version i'm on. All i know is i need a umd in to launch homebrew. What's up with that?

hold "R" when booting up and go into the recovery menu, then configurations, and set the UMD mode option to no umd, either sony np9660 -no umd- or m33 driver -no umd-

EDIT: also what MC DUI said is how you check what version, it also lists what update like 3.71m33-3. the "-3" in that is what update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: