PSP 1000 bricks when trying to flash 6.60 OFW

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Skull Kiddo, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Skull Kiddo
    OP

Skull Kiddo Definitely Not A Kid

Dec 17, 2014
    My bedroom
    Hi all, a friend of mine gave me his PSP 1000 since he didn't need it and such. It came with 5.50 OFW so yeah I thought of upgrading to 6.60. OFW. However when I try to update it via internet it shows some DNS error, and via the memory stick option it shows an error (DRNFFFFFFCD) which I believe means that the PSP was once flashed with custom firmware and while flashing with OFW 5.50 it has corrupt IDstorage.

Okay, I create a Magic Memory Stick and use a 5-year-old Pandora battery, flash 5.00 M33 (or something like that), and then put 5.50 GEN-D3 in the MMS to flash any sony OFW. I put the 6.60 EBOOT.PBP in the root of the MMS and begin flashing. The flashing goes fine, no errors of any kind.

However, when I try to turn it on it doesn't turn on the backlight, completely black screen, green light is lit and shuts off after ~10 seconds.

What's the problem here? Does this mean I need to be stuck with 5.50 Prometheus?

EDIT: I also tried to use Keycleaner, not wiping the 0x0005 or something key, and I couldn't still update to 6.60 OFW.

2. nxwing

nxwing GBAtemp Addict

Jul 22, 2013
    Philippines
    The Capital
    While updating you might be facing the 9.90 error. Click this to go to a tutorial that shows you how to fix it.
    If you have a black screen, try testing the Pandora battery on other PSPs. If it has the same problem get a non-Pandora battery and put it in your PSP.
    If you have any problems, feel free to PM me or reply back.

3. Skull Kiddo
    OP

Skull Kiddo Definitely Not A Kid

Dec 17, 2014
    My bedroom
    Hey, I am on vacation and I didn't bring my MMS and PSP2K, gotta wait. I do not remember seeing a 9.90 error.