TheDerpyDolphin

Derp.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/63227/

Nintendo has announced this evening that the servers for Nintendo Network on the Wii U and 3DS will be shutting down “Early April” next year. Still seems too soon to me, but I guess they really want to push Switch Online and don’t like that us Wii U owners get to play online for free when the same games on Switch cost money to do so.

Guess it’s going to be finally time to hop on that Pretendo train soon, huh?

I’m certain that this will be making the news rounds in the gaming world over the next few days, but I just wanted to give an early heads up.

Kitocco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah they're DEFINITELY dropping that announcement for the announcement of their next system soon to distract people from this move, it's like clockwork for them "Sephiroth after #FreeSmash, Pokémon Gen 9 after Smash was pulled from EVO, a TOTK video after shutdown of 3DS & Wii U eShops). Either that or a demo for Super Mario Wonder.

Jade aside, this is legitimately saddening, as the 3DS (and Wii U to a lesser extent) were systems I spent a lot of time on. It's a real shame we'll be losing New Leaf, Pokémon, and Kid Icarus Uprising's online modes to this. Kid Icarus especially, as I didn't play the other popular competitive multiplayer games back then.

Well... see you all on Pretendo Network, hopefully!

Stan4d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/63227/

Nintendo has announced this evening that the servers for Nintendo Network on the Wii U and 3DS will be shutting down “Early April” next year. Still seems too soon to me, but I guess they really want to push Switch Online and don’t like that us Wii U owners get to play online for free when the same games on Switch cost money to do so.

Guess it’s going to be finally time to hop on that Pretendo train soon, huh?

I’m certain that this will be making the news rounds in the gaming world over the next few days, but I just wanted to give an early heads up.
Is it me or is Pretendo progressing slowly? they better speed up!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up