Hacking Discussion [PSA] SX OS Banwave is here!!!

Jaimy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think that maybe eShop and games ban are different? Seems logical to let legit games have access to online play.
However if your console/user were banned would you still be able to access online play? Hum...

Its not a legit copy, its a dump with BotW cert injected. I play my legit games on other clean Switch which is completely untouched.

seall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok so I actually loaded SX OS but didn't mount any backups. I'm curious if I will get banned. I'll return here and make a thread if that happens. I think it would be interesting stuff because it would show that Nintendo is not collecting ban data from the certs.

DeuX

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I updated my Dumps yesterday by installing them with SX OS offline, then deleting my Logs with Hekate and finally boot OFW and update the Game Icons with the + Button and still no ban yet. But we will see...

I’m actually curious about this. Never used Hekate so would it be possible to keep on the root of the SD card and launch it in the SX OS menu to launch external payloads? Where’s the option to delete the logs?

Reactions: Trappie

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I’m actually curious about this. Never used Hekate so would it be possible to keep on the root of the SD card and launch it in the SX OS menu to launch external payloads? Where’s the option to delete the logs?
Yes, you can launch hekate with the "Launch external payload" option. The option to delete logs must be somewhere in a submenu of "Launch firmware" in hekate.

Reactions: MYFW and DeuX

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess thats just a warning for what will come next :). When Nintendo finally launches the full online, they will most likely either ban ppl from every single service or if they leave the Eshop online for banned ppl I guess they are expecting someone to buy digital-only games until someone get a way to run them as a backup and then Eshop will be not accessible too (most likely).

Just my opinion...

DeuX

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Yes, you can launch hekate with the "Launch external payload" option. The option to delete logs must be somewhere in a submenu of "Launch firmware" in hekate.

Awesome. I’ll try it out when I have some spare time. Maybe TX may add the option to delete logs to their OS

ghorricks

Trophies
Website
en.wikipedia.org
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious to all these reports of bans... what do they look like?
The message:
"The use of online services on this console is currently restricted by Nintendo.
Please contact..."
Just means that the cert isnt valid.
Use OS1.1 and a valid cert and the message goes away right?
Why the discussion of bans when right now, they are just error messages meaning bad cert?

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you want and connected to the network with obviously pirated titles? Congrats that was dumb! People really need to slow down and let the dust settle when hacks show up for devices. Seriously though thanks for the PSA that is nothing new. Basically fail to use common sense and get banned for it.

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I'm curious to all these reports of bans... what do they look like?
The message:
"The use of online services on this console is currently restricted by Nintendo.
Please contact..."
Just means that the cert isnt valid.
Use OS1.1 and a valid cert and the message goes away right?
Why the discussion of bans when right now, they are just error messages meaning bad cert?
People are reporting being banned from eShop, not from a game.

MightyMoe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
So you want and connected to the network with obviously pirated titles? Congrats that was dumb! People really need to slow down and let the dust settle when hacks show up for devices. Seriously though thanks for the PSA that is nothing new. Basically fail to use common sense and get banned for it.

So you commented without reading that I knew the risks and didn't care about them? Congrats that was dumb!

Omno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How odd. I've not been banned yet despite being incredibly unsafe deliberately. I've poked CDN from my computer with my cert, updated in layeredfs, updated in cfw, devmenu while connected to the internet, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof