Hacking Discussion [PSA] SX OS Banwave is here!!!

Metalik

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Do you really want to go down this slippery slope of accusing anyone who reports their experiences as fake?

Anyway, here's a nice comparison I whipped up:

View attachment 132772

I think the reactionary posters in this thread (you know who you are) should take a breather.
We live in an age of people faking stuff constantly. Need I remind you of Rayman Smash fake?
Besides, even if his pics are real, we don't know if he got it from SX OS or something else. Maybe he has been changing his profile pic or cheating online. Who knows?

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
I don't think Nintendo is able to prevent updates being downloaded with their current firmware.
This might change with a new system update/server configuration though...

MightyMoe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
We live in an age of people faking stuff constantly. Need I remind you of Rayman Smash fake?
Besides, even if his pics are real, we don't know if he got it from SX OS or something else. Maybe he has been changing his profile pic or cheating online. Who knows?

Well then if you're doubting all aspects of my story (not just the 12 MEGAPIXEL PHOTOS) then I guess there's no convincing you. Go on believing whatever you want to believe mate, this topic isn't for you.

Metalik

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-22_13-22-24.png
    upload_2018-6-22_13-22-24.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 387

MightyMoe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Can you even call this a "banwave" ? I don't see anyone except the OP banned yet...

What makes more sense, Nintendo targeted me alone for some reason? Or people who either aren't on GBAtemp or haven't opened their consoles yet got banned too?

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
I updated my Dumps yesterday by installing them with SX OS offline, then deleting my Logs with Hekate and finally boot OFW and update the Game Icons with the + Button and still no ban yet. But we will see...

Best method imao as there is no way for Nintendo to guess the games (which appear as card) don't belong to you assuming they can't detect the header being blank.

Reactions: Trappie

MightyMoe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Have you played mario odyssey without airplane mode? it's always online
Yeah I have.. But it gave me the banned cert message in the beginning so I don't think it was online.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I updated my Dumps yesterday by installing them with SX OS offline, then deleting my Logs with Hekate and finally boot OFW and update the Game Icons with the + Button and still no ban yet. But we will see...

That sounds like a much safer way of doing it..

Jaimy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup I got banned from eshop too, which is fine since this Switch is mainly used for experimenting. What's funny is that I can still play MK8 online :rofl:

Masacci0

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Here is your problem, you tried to log in to Nintendo Network with a backup game, it got an authentication error, you got a ban. Not for updating games.

As much as we know goind online with backups bans that card id, not the console, so i tend to believe that's not the case this time.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yup I got banned from eshop too, which is fine since this Switch is mainly used for experimenting. What's funny is that I can still play MK8 online :rofl:

So there are different bans based on what term of contract you're breaking.

CapitanSburro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you explain how to delete logs with hekate? I still have to receive the sx pro and I guess this is the safest way to go about updates

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali

Do you think that maybe eShop and games ban are different? Seems logical to let legit games have access to online play.
However if your console/user were banned would you still be able to access online play? Hum...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto