Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Gateway's point of view:

Step 1. Losing sales because of CFW
Step 2. Losing sales because of Sky3ds
Step 3. Losing sales because of DSTWO+

Step 4. Go out with a bang, because soon, there will be no more sales
take some cash from ninty and brick everyone, nah despite their unorthodox methods if gateway came out with a solution for a next gen device i would probably bite, despite all their anti-clone wars they do stand by their product and try bring as much to the table as they can without a plethora of revisions or dropped support for older users....if it wasn't for clone teams gateway would have been able to keep their hands clean, so despite all that the dev's deserve respect for doing what so many others failed to achieve, its easy for people to do the "oh well rxtools does all that now too", but dont forget who smashed their way through all the roadblocks so CFW dev's could follow behind them in relative comfort

my final point on this is if it was not for the brick code fiasco killing off the clones i think gateway would have died off a lot earlier, and im sure some people will be like "yeah well that would be good"....but look at it this way if they would have rolled over and let clones run rampant they probably would have never cracked the 7.x encryption, and never released their 9.2 kernel hacks which in turn would mean no n3DS CFW and no CFW at all for 90% of the people jumping on the "they are despicable" band wagon i guess people don't mind filling their face on the proceeds of shady business as long as they can pretend to themselves that they aren't

Last edited by gamesquest1,

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So far I've only been seeing good things happen to GW: multi-ROM, emuNAND up to latest firmware (dropping the ball on n3DS at 9.5), on-line support, CIA support, now cheat support which is similar to trainer patches, and soon (tm) in-game menu with analysis functions. Even though CFW gives/can give you all of that as well, except for .3ds support, it's still way easier with a GW, especially if you have your own carts to dump (= matching header for online too, in case Ninty starts checking for that).

I don't believe this is the end for GW.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
again not saying gateways choice is right, but we can't honestly sit there and pretend supercard are just innocent bystanders, they chose to provide dodgy knockoff bullets because it was cheaper for them, they didn't care about their users and didn't care if gateway bricked their users consoles
This we can agree on.

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that my friend was using 3.5.1 gw launcher and dstwo+. He was booting into gateway mode then froze with white lines after the gateway launcher screen he did a hard reset (hold down power button) apon powering back up BSOD. He is pissed to say the least and I'm charging him 60usd to fix it. He is trying to get his money back for the dstwo but like I told him he will never see that money. Be this a lesson to everyone with a clone GW get rid of it and get a real gateway 3ds so you never have to worry about this happening. I was thinking to myself what happens if you brick a N3ds is there no way to unlock the nand since the nand size is completely different? My japan N3ds has the big nand 1.9GB

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why charge your "friend" $60
when your good at something never fo it for free. You never sell yourself short remember that. Im a mechanic by trade and just because my family comes in for work doesnt mean I'm going to fix it for free. If you go on youtube look up "cloned component cable" or gcvideo-dvi you will find my channel madman32ish I build GCvideos for people and last time i did I only charged what I paid for parts and pcbs and i lost money so I learned my lesson. Things cost money soldering station, raspberry pi, sdcard adapter, wire, time so I should take a lost just because he is a friend of mine doesnt really make sense does it?

Last edited by andre104623,
Reactions: Deleted-236924

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when your good at something never fo it for free. You never sell yourself short remember that. Im a mechanic by trade and just because my family comes in for work doesnt mean I'm going to fix it for free. If you go on youtube look up "cloned component cable" or gcvideo-dvi you will find my channel madman32ish I build GCvideos for people and last time i did I only charged what I paid for parts and pcbs and i lost money so I learned my lesson. Things cost money soldering station, raspberry pi, sdcard adapter, wire, time so I should take a lost just because he is a friend of mine doesnt really make sense does it?
Does that include a NAND mod, or do you de-solder everything?

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does that include a NAND mod, or do you de-solder everything?
Includes nand mod with JST connector. Though i dont think he would know how to use it i will just leave it in there for myself next time he bricks it since he is going to continue to use the dstwo+ but he is going to use the older "safer" launcher

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Nand backup that works I presume.
Don't know why he would bother to specify that unless there was a dumper that allowed you to choose between "Good" "Okay" and "Bad" dumps. lol
If you dump twice without rebooting the 3DS the hashes should be the same. If not, they are getting corrupted either by interference (Cured by shorter wires), or bad soldering. In these cases you have "bad"
Includes nand mod with JST connector
Is that all models? I'm also curious if you have your friend's 3DS, or if you were able to restore

Last edited by hundshamer,
Reactions: Deleted User

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you dump twice without rebooting the 3DS the hashes should be the same. If not, they are getting corrupted either by interference (Cured by shorter wires), or bad soldering. In these cases you have "bad"

Is that all models? I'm also curious if you have your friend's 3DS, or if you were able to restore
All models? Im just doing this for my friend im in no way promoting a business of doing nand mods or unbricking service. I will be getting the 3ds on sunday I just got out of the Hospital for being t-boned by a drunk driver a little over 2 weeks ago at 60 mph. My arm has pins sticking out of it so im hoping I can do this with one hand. I also need to finish my Shuriken videos v2 because i have a few people waiting for me to get them flashed and ready to ship. If someone asked me to do a nand mod or unbrick I would recommend you to do it. You did a nice job with my case and nand mod besides for the crappy glue and crappy L and R buttons which you were nice enough to fix for me

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All models? Im just doing this for my friend im in no way promoting a business of doing nand mods or unbricking service. I will be getting the 3ds on sunday I just got out of the Hospital for being t-boned by a drunk driver a little over 2 weeks ago at 60 mph. My arm has pins sticking out of it so im hoping I can do this with one hand. I also need to finish my Shuriken videos v2 because i have a few people waiting for me to get them flashed and ready to ship
That sucks. Here's to a speedy recovery, and a decent physical therapist. An FYI, they changed the unlock keys and it seems that we need a backup of the 3DS' NAND with the force erase function on the RasPi.

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sucks. Here's to a speedy recovery, and a decent physical therapist. An FYI, they changed the unlock keys and it seems that we need a backup of the 3DS' NAND with the force erase function on the RasPi.
Ah so a normal nand backup and unlock command then restore though the raspberry pi wont fix the brick

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Ah so a normal nand backup and unlock command then restore though the raspberry pi wont fix the brick
a normal nand backup should work fine, its just that the last round of bricks could simply be unlocked.....no restore needed, but now with newer bricks a nand backup will most likely be essential, not thaat we have any confirmed unbricks yet, but a force erase *should* work fine which is why a nand backup is required

Last edited by gamesquest1,

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a normal nand backup should work fine, its just that the last round of bricks could simply be unlocked.....no restore needed, but now with newer bricks a nand backup will most likely be essential
Oh ok well that shouldnt be a problem he does have a few nand backups. The first one is when he bought the 3ds since it was on 7.2 i think then i downgraded to 4.2 with my gateway some time ago for him since he was sick of using the broswer exploit then he backup the 4.2 nand as well but I might just restore the 7.2 nand backup. But thank you for the information

D

Deleted-236924

Oh ok well that shouldnt be a problem he does have a few nand backups. The first one is when he bought the 3ds since it was on 7.2 i think then i downgraded to 4.2 with my gateway some time ago for him since he was sick of using the broswer exploit then he backup the 4.2 nand as well but I might just restore the 7.2 nand backup. But thank you for the information
Get him to downgrade his system settings app on his sysnand instead of using Gateway's messy downgrade option.

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not trying to be rude by no means, but could you help me sir when you get a chance please?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm