PS5-exclusive survival sim 'Abandoned' announced

abandonned.PNG

Abandoned is an upcoming PS5-exclsive game from indie Dutch studio Blue Box Game Studios that has been announced via a PlayStation Blog post by Hasan Kahraman, the Game Director. It is described as a "cinematic, first-person horror survival shooter" set in an open world where "every event has an influence on your character". For example, if the character runs out of breath, this will impact his firing accuracy. Kahraman writes that they wanted to take a realistic approach to their survival horror game and made firing weapons "realistically slow", meaning you will need more tactics than bullets in order to survive.

Abandonned will use the DualSense controller's features to make players "feel each and every interaction during gameplay" like when hit by a bullet or pulling the trigger. 3D audio will also be implemented in the title to assist in your decisions and tactics. The game's director says that they don't want to reveal all the gameplay details just yet as a dedicated gameplay video is in the works. For the announcement, a teaser trailer was released:

The story is centered around Jason Longfield, who wakes up in a strange forest. Abandoned and not remembering how he got there, Jason soon finds out that he was kidnapped and brought there for a dark purpose. Fighting for his survival, his main goal is escape.

Even if Abandoned is said to be "at an early development stage", it has been given a Q4 2021 release window and will run at 60 FPS and rendered at a native 4K resolution on the PS5. You can head to the blog post linked below for more information on the game.

:arrow: SOURCE

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Lots of big claims with 60FPS at 4K there...
Well even my 1080Ti can still manage 4K@60 FPS in some stuff, and PS5 performs at about an RTX 2070 level with ray-tracing off, so it's believable enough. Particularly when we're talking about an indie game that has nothing going on in most scenes.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Good! A game announcement!

All generations start with barebones game library, that's a given, but this current one is getting ridiculous. I never felt 100% not interested in a new console ever, and I am now.

I am yet to see the excuse for the lack of games. Maybe they will pull off a Suez channel or a chip shortage for this shortcome too as they're been doing for everything.

Reactions: BlazeMasterBM

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the woman's voice sounds annoying like a nag lol
Stereotypical woman ROFLOL :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:ROFLCOPTA

Anyway, yeah, couldn't care less about this. I like JPRGs that let me fiddle around with stats and job classes and equipment a bit - not too many that it gets overwhelming (e.g. original Xenoblade, MMOs), but like Persona and Bravely Default and Pokémon and Xenoblade: DE and Xenoblade 2. I also like a few visual novels, like Ace Attorney and Professor Layton and Zero Escape: The Nonary Games.
So more of them, please, not this trash - though said JRPGs are better on Switch and PC, due to being able to ROMhack them on those platforms since CFW isn't really a thing for PS4 Pro or PS5 unfortunately.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has there ever been a more meaningless word than "cinematic" when it comes to early stage game reveals?

If we get "Far Cry 5 and 3 crashed into each other and then is what they both wished they were" then call me back. I am not however expecting that.

SpaceMunkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Seeing how the director's name is Arabic, I get the feeling there's a hidden message behind what's said in this video.

A 100 thoughts passed through your minds when you read his name was arabic but failed to comment on the hard work he has put into it.

A realistic comment on the game would have been much appreciated rather than Sherlock Holming on the origins of where his diapers are buried

Last edited by SpaceMunkey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: and then drake struck back, and then kendrick released 2 more diss tracks on him