1. 1,677

Front-page
    abandonned.PNG

Abandoned is an upcoming PS5-exclsive game from indie Dutch studio Blue Box Game Studios that has been announced via a PlayStation Blog post by Hasan Kahraman, the Game Director. It is described as a "cinematic, first-person horror survival shooter" set in an open world where "every event has an influence on your character". For example, if the character runs out of breath, this will impact his firing accuracy. Kahraman writes that they wanted to take a realistic approach to their survival horror game and made firing weapons "realistically slow", meaning you will need more tactics than bullets in order to survive.

Abandonned will use the DualSense controller's features to make players "feel each and every interaction during gameplay" like when hit by a bullet or pulling the trigger. 3D audio will also be implemented in the title to assist in your decisions and tactics. The game's director says that they don't want to reveal all the gameplay details just yet as a dedicated gameplay video is in the works. For the announcement, a teaser trailer was released:

Even if Abandoned is said to be "at an early development stage", it has been given a Q4 2021 release window and will run at 60 FPS and rendered at a native 4K resolution on the PS5. You can head to the blog post linked below for more information on the game.

:arrow: SOURCE

2. Discussion (18 replies)

3. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Crazy Cool Cyclops

United States
    Lots of big claims with 60FPS at 4K there...

SpiffyJUNIOR and AkiraKurusu like this.
  4. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    Dear god that looks bad, the lighting is so uniform in every scene. The voice-over definitely didn't help either.

5. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Oh, another game I won't play. (Cause of the genre)
    Wake me up when ps5 get some JRPG or platformer games like a new sonic game.

[​IMG]

6. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    Well even my 1080Ti can still manage [email protected] FPS in some stuff, and PS5 performs at about an RTX 2070 level with ray-tracing off, so it's believable enough. Particularly when we're talking about an indie game that has nothing going on in most scenes.

7. Boulevard

Boulevard Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    The floor and trees look just amazing

8. Starhatred

Starhatred Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Vietnam
    Hope it will not be "abandoned". :D

9. KiiWii

KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    Looks potentially great!

Hopefully we will get a review code @Prans :)

Prans likes this.
  10. Prans

OP Prans Geek, gamer, human
    Senior Editor

remind me closer to launch and I'll hunt one for you ;)

KiiWii likes this.
  11. lokomelo

lokomelo Edson Arantes do Nascimento

Brazil
    Good! A game announcement!

All generations start with barebones game library, that's a given, but this current one is getting ridiculous. I never felt 100% not interested in a new console ever, and I am now.

I am yet to see the excuse for the lack of games. Maybe they will pull off a Suez channel or a chip shortage for this shortcome too as they're been doing for everything.

BlazeMasterBM likes this.
  12. Super.Nova

Super.Nova GBAtemp Fan

Saudi Arabia
    Seeing how the director's name is Arabic, I get the feeling there's a hidden message behind what's said in this video.

13. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Whoever decided to add that voice over to the trailer needs to be fired, but otherwise it looks interesting.

14. BitMasterPlus

BitMasterPlus GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Gonna wait and see when it's close to launch or when it's out to see how it is, although the woman's voice sounds annoying like a nag lol

AkiraKurusu likes this.
  15. AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu DS Pokémon Fan

Australia
    Stereotypical woman ROFLOL :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:ROFLCOPTA

Anyway, yeah, couldn't care less about this. I like JPRGs that let me fiddle around with stats and job classes and equipment a bit - not too many that it gets overwhelming (e.g. original Xenoblade, MMOs), but like Persona and Bravely Default and Pokémon and Xenoblade: DE and Xenoblade 2. I also like a few visual novels, like Ace Attorney and Professor Layton and Zero Escape: The Nonary Games.
    So more of them, please, not this trash - though said JRPGs are better on Switch and PC, due to being able to ROMhack them on those platforms since CFW isn't really a thing for PS4 Pro or PS5 unfortunately.

16. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Has there ever been a more meaningless word than "cinematic" when it comes to early stage game reveals?

If we get "Far Cry 5 and 3 crashed into each other and then is what they both wished they were" then call me back. I am not however expecting that.

17. diggeloid

diggeloid GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I misread the title as "PS5 survival sim was abandoned" and thought thank god, the last thing the world needs is more survival sims.

Now I'm just disappointed.

18. SpaceMunkey

SpaceMunkey Member
    Newcomer

United Arab Emirates

A 100 thoughts passed through your minds when you read his name was arabic but failed to comment on the hard work he has put into it.

A realistic comment on the game would have been much appreciated rather than Sherlock Holming on the origins of where his diapers are buried

Last edited by SpaceMunkey, Apr 8, 2021
  19. anhminh

anhminh Pirate since 2010

Vietnam
    It doesn't look fun. Not sure what is their intent behind this but it just doesn't look fun.

20. BlazeMasterBM

BlazeMasterBM Shy Shadow Creature

United States
    Can't really decide if it looks fun or not. Just looks like a peaceful forest. We didn't even see any characters? Just some trees?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - exclusive, Abandoned, announced