Hacking PS4 RiPKiT/Modding/Cheat/Backport Tool by RiPPERD - UPDATED V2.2

divyanshu0045

Trophies
XP
Country
India
@RiPPERD If you want to remove dependency on python runtime, you can compile python scripts to exe including all dependencies.
There is a utility named 'pyinstaller' for doing this exact task. I have used it in the past on linux successfully but I believe it can used to the same effect on windows as well.

D

Deleted User

what are you trying to use the tool for mate?

to make a ripkit you must have ORIGINAL.PKG and RIPPED.PKG in folder then what it does it is compares the 2 files and changes them etc... so basically for example dead rising 2... i made a huge mod for that but dont want to post the whole game as its too much data... so i made a modded pkg file and used this tool to create a ripkit... then you come along and you dont need to redownlod the game you just need the 10mb patch file (give or take depnding on changes) then my app will use your pkg file and apply mods/cheats etc

if your trying to do the backport then you must do this:
as for the backporting its currently working in 1.6 but you must use other tools first... UnFself is needed.

extract your package or eboot.bin and param.sfo take these files and place them into my BackPort folder
now place UnfSelf.exe in there too and drag eboot.bin on this file.
now rename eboot-decrypted to old.elf
rename sfo to old.sfo
run my app and click backport

now you have new.elf and new.sfo put these back where they belong... trouble im now having is how do i make elf file back into bin file?

sir i can tell i am nearly there but what happens for me is no new elf or new sfo file is created can you please advise as i would love to make a video tut for this i think it's cause i need python 2.7 huh trying again

unfortunately even after downgrading python no love any ideas?

weird if i open cmd line and run python DowngradeELF.py no errors but no file

Last edited by ,
Reactions: MiguelinCrafter

dezmen

Trophies
XP
Country
Tested 1.6 and 1.7:
Python is installed and can be used via cmd anywhere, but after running BackPort (from tool or just exe) it says all done, but gives no new files.
Using direct commands works fine for those 2 files.

Also, clicking "Make RipKit" just unpacks original.rpk and when its done, it just delete all stuff it unpacked and that's all :D Zero clue how should I get modified rpk to install on 5.05 lol

D

Deleted User

Tested 1.6 and 1.7:
Python is installed and can be used via cmd anywhere, but after running BackPort (from tool or just exe) it says all done, but gives no new files.
Using direct commands works fine for those 2 files.

Also, clicking "Make RipKit" just unpacks original.rpk and when its done, it just delete all stuff it unpacked and that's all :D Zero clue how should I get modified rpk to install on 5.05 lol

what command do you use?

thats my problem system paths bogus

i get proper response when i run python but i guess i am giving command wrong when i do it manually?

C:\Python27>python DowngradeELF.py py2exe
usage: DowngradeELF.py [-h] [--verbose] --sdk-version SDK_VERSION input output

elf downgrader tool

positional arguments:
input old file
output new file

optional arguments:
-h, --help show this help message and exit
--verbose show details
--sdk-version SDK_VERSION
needed sdk version

error: too few arguments

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

excuse my blasphemy so I have a new elf and a new sfo oh boy oh boy

CAN YOU PLEASE WRITE SCRIPT SO IT DOESNT DELETE FOR JUST ME IT WOULD MAKE LIFE ALOT EASIER

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@RiPPERD I have python 2.7, i get the .sfo and eboot.bin (elf) via unFself exe and put both them into backport folder but when i click to backport button command window opening and close. There are no new elf and sfo files.

https://1fichier.com/?xn12xqxya9u0oz5totl5

Last edited by ,

crstofer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone compiled all this together to have somewhat of a working solution? No RUSH ! Just asking .. PLEASE & THANKS !

Shout out to u, "RIPPERD.... Awesome work..

D

Deleted User

well here is my findings.

In windows 10 even after adding path environment i could not launch python from anywhere sooooo what I did was put the program in the python dir that worked like a charm i got a new param and elf in root. but it didn't work. My worry is I am putting this in wrong dir when I use ps4 homebrew i get image 0 and sc0 how do i arrange those to generate a proper gp4 once i swap the files and can anyone confirm working? my pkg installed but error upon launch

A Generic User

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joseph230 on PSXHAX posted a great writeup and package for this, and it doesn't need python 2.7. The writeup is here and the package is here. Full credit to him where it is due.

And yes @Sora Takihawa I can confirm this does work for Kingdom Hearts III (at least the base game: the updates give a "unexpected param" error when trying to downgrade the eboot that I haven't been able to figure out how to fix, and in the thread where he posted this neither did Joseph).

Last edited by A Generic User,
Reactions: Ancor
D

Deleted User

Joseph230 on PSXHAX posted a great writeup and package for this, and it doesn't need python 2.7. The writeup is here and the package is here. Full credit to him where it is due.

And yes @Sora Takihawa I can confirm this does work for Kingdom Hearts III (at least the base game: the updates give a "unexpected param" error when trying to downgrade the eboot that I haven't been able to figure out how to fix, and in the thread where he posted this neither did Joseph).

that is gold right there thank you

RiPPERD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Malwarebytes detects this as a virus

its a false positive mate, it coz i used batch script files and converted them to exe files... some (shit) av detect this as virus.Trust me its safe ive shown the source to an admin on another forum. Ive been on the scene for many years and ive put my name on it... i wouldnt do that if it was a virus lol

I dont have any patch i am trying with pkg editor extract all and repack to gp4. Use the new.elf subscribe eboot.bin but i didnt find the param sfo the program have and editor but i prefer subscribe... i am little confused

right yeah i know what you mean... maybe you need another tool mate sorry ill try and get it all in an update next but ony way ill be able to do it is if it extracts whole package then creates the gp4 file etc so will be a long process

sorry for the stupid question but can i Backport Kingdom Hearts 3? (am not sure which FW it does require)

you should be able to back port any game upto 6.72

excuse my blasphemy so I have a new elf and a new sfo oh boy oh boy

CAN YOU PLEASE WRITE SCRIPT SO IT DOESNT DELETE FOR JUST ME IT WOULD MAKE LIFE ALOT EASIER

https://1fichier.com/?xn12xqxya9u0oz5totl5

download the new version mate it doesnt extract or delete the folder

RiPPERD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
right ive nailed it now with a 1 click option, tested and working... however my issue now is still what do i do with the elf file after? how do i make it eboot.bin file again?? anyone?

UPDATED V1.8 - Much better and 1 click option now working fine.

dont think you need to run as admin now either but if it asks you then allow it

@KiiWii can you please update title to V1.8 and add /BackPort after the /Cheat please

Reactions: KiiWii

RiPPERD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
*FACE PALM* so turns out ive been doing it all wrong lol V1.9 will be out shortly and this time it will actually work properly lol

for those that dont want to wait... just rename the new.elf eboot.bin and use that, ill explain it all later

Reactions: Ancor
D

Deleted User

*FACE PALM* so turns out ive been doing it all wrong lol V1.9 will be out shortly and this time it will actually work properly lol

for those that dont want to wait... just rename the new.elf eboot.bin and use that, ill explain it all later

see what i liked about extracting is once we make these downgraded copies of the files how do we put them in our pkg? Am I missing something we always have to have an extracted pkg that we rebuild when we do these patches or can you explain? We just use these in a smaller update patch we build? that is what i am hazy on

RiPPERD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
see what i liked about extracting is once we make these downgraded copies of the files how do we put them in our pkg? Am I missing something we always have to have an extracted pkg that we rebuild when we do these patches or can you explain? We just use these in a smaller update patch we build? that is what i am hazy on

yeah so turns out there is no process for new.elf to eboot.bin just rename it to eboot.bin thats it
so use newest version 1.8 and then use the new.sfo and new.elf files from main direcotry of my app now.

D

Deleted User

yeah so turns out there is no process for new.elf to eboot.bin just rename it to eboot.bin thats it
so use newest version 1.8 and then use the new.sfo and new.elf files from main direcotry of my app now.

yeah that part i kinda already had figured out but like your tool for gui access to these abilities here is my problem once i have my downgraded param and eboot do i need to insert them into my basegame dump or can i just make a small update patch?

Ancor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

Thank you for you hard work. I read in the post notzecoxao that you have to pack prx(module) or something. I guess with eboot bin + param.sfo the game will work but dont know if work with issues like no saves or something. Maybe can put something to select all files in the folder, do unfself and do dowgrade_elf.py then you only need to change the name back to original. Example: something.prx->somenthing.prx decrypted - > somenthing.prx decrypted downgraded then changes name and ready to go

Last edited by Ancor,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o