The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
I am planning to buy a PS4 Pro soon and to my luck homebrew is also coming very soon. What is the latest PS4 Pro that comes with a firmware above 5.05? Does the God of War Limited Edition PS4 Pro come with a firmware above 5.05? What should I look for when buying one to make sure it's below 5.05?

Reactions: arslan012

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could always buy the GOW pro and return it if its higher, than give us the scoop ;)

systems only been out for 2 weeks so its hard to say, they could have started production on them as soon as 5.50 came out with the intent of releasing them at that firmware, I find it unlikely though considering that GOW works on 5.05 it would make sense that the console would come pre installed with that firmware or below.

Reactions: peteruk and KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You could always buy the GOW pro and return it if its higher, than give us the scoop ;)

systems only been out for 2 weeks so its hard to say, they could have started production on them as soon as 5.50 came out with the intent of releasing them at that firmware, I find it unlikely though considering that GOW works on 5.05 it would make sense that the console would come pre installed with that firmware or below.

4.7x-5.0x so I have heard.

I'm after one now....

haznpapo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on many sites there stating any ps4 realesed before may 2018 is on 5.05 or lower.
but keep in mind with sony who knows.

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka

I doubt I can return it, as I'm buying it on holiday from another country.
And yeah you're probably right about that, I guess I'll wait a bit and see, I have about a month left till I buy one so hopefully someone releases info about this.

EDIT:
The console ships at firmware 4.73. Guess I'm buying it. :D
57580c95b4.png

Last edited by Jiehfeng,

-----a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be buying a ps4 pro tomorrow. I'll post back what firmware it's on!

Edit: My PS4 is on 4.73 (it is NOT the GoW bundle, Just basic console only)

Last edited by -----a,
Reactions: GaaraPrime

HiSpange

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I bought a PS4 Pro GOW and it is firmware 4.73, GOW needed to play 5.05 which is also on the disc, so I upgraded to 5.05 and now I am playing GOW until the hack comes out: D Sorry for my english it is translated with google!

Last edited by HiSpange,

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
I bought a PS4 Pro GOW and it is firmware 4.73, GOW needed to play 5.05 which is also on the disc, so I upgraded to 5.05 and now I am playing GOW until the hack comes out: D Sorry for my english it is translated with google!

So it is like the post I found on reddit. That's pretty useful, having 5.05 immediately haha, hopefully I can find one for a low price.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated