PS4 now has a public backup loader for FW 4.05

ps4-overview-screen-03-eu-06sep16.jpg

The PlayStation 4 scene has been incredibly active lately, with new homebrew announcements and projects being constantly teased. Now, less than a week after the release of the PS4 homebrew loader, PS4HEN, there's something big that will most certainly grab people's attention; the public release of a backup loader for PlayStation 4 systems that are on firmware version 4.05. The method to using backups is quite similar to how one enables homebrew on PS4HEN, which you can read more about here. Run the kernal exploit, inject the payload, put the pkg file onto a USB drive, disable your internet connection to your PS4, and install via the package installer. This will allow people to load backups of their games, so long as they are decrypted, and run through a tool called PKG Kitchen, which turns the game into a pkg file, that in turn, allows you to install it to your PS4. This is not an end-all-be-all tool, however, as only games that are on firmware 4.05 or less will work, meaning most games from 2017 and beyond will not work. For reference, Gravity Rush 2 is the last 4.05 title, and launched at the very start of 2017.

:arrow: Source

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll wait till we can spoof fw or something
not gonna buy a new ps4 on 4.05 just to play games i can buy for 10 dollars used

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
oh i see..
yes alot of vita dumps had issues for me , and some had save issues for alot of people.
and well the newer games would not ever work on the fw we were stuck with.

i think it will turn out to be the same thing on the ps4 then, that won't be something for me.

i always need to have online functions , i play overwatch almost every day.

I personally prefer 1:1.
Digital preservation n what not.

And knowing your backups are untouched instead of half stripped or hacked together with content.

Reactions: cearp

TR_mahmutpek

medic
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Man, I waited this time for 2 years (since fail0verflow teased linux on ps4). My dreams coming true, and I am buying a ps4 which is made from November 2016 :D

Reactions: cearp

hexcode99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess it is time to update my PS4 Pro from 3.70 to 4.05 firmware!
Wonder if I should order a 2TB Firecude first or just be easier to go with a external 8TB to store all the games? =D

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Guess it is time to update my PS4 Pro from 3.70 to 4.05 firmware!
Wonder if I should order a 2TB Firecude first or just be easier to go with a external 8TB to store all the games? =D
I'm in the same position as you :)

Ps4 only got external storage in 4.50.
You could replace the internal though.

simbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in the same position as you :)

Ps4 only got external storage in 4.50.
You could replace the internal though.

I read recently they have exploit working up to 5.01, and presumably 5.03 if it wasn't patched. There's video out there showing pkg loader on 5.01.

Reactions: digipimp75

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn I think I cant