PS4 FPKG Enabler on PS5 Firmware 4.03 has been released

The Homebrew scene for PlayStation systems has been growing steadily, and today marks another big breakthrough for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 hacking.

Hacking developer sleirsgoevy has released a homebrew app titled "PS4 FPKG Enabler", which basically allows a PS5 system to run fake PS4 package files (known as FPKG) while on a firmware version of 4.03. The process requires the user to execute the binary file through a wireless connection by taking note of their IP address, and accessing a specific website on the PS5 that will prompt for the payload to be injected with the message "waiting for payloads", then via a computer (or any device/method of sending files through a wireless connection) the PS4 FPKG bin file is sent to the PS5. In case the PS5 of the user gets frozen or reboots, all that's needed is to retry the browser's link until the message of "waiting for payloads" appears.

This payload also enables the Debug mode in the system. As of the time of writing, this works only for PS5's with a system firmware of 4.03, and while this is relatively new, it could get backported into other hackable firmwares, like 3.00 up to 4.51, in the future.

:arrow: GitHub Page for PS4 FPKG Enabler

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
Awesome!

If Sony releases PS5 Slim I'll buy and never update. :P

Btw, still playing HZD on PS4 for over 40hrs and love it! It's PlayStation's Zelda!

Time for some Fall Guys. :ninja:
Only 40hrs?
You've just started the game, duude I had almost 500hrs when I last booted up HZD a couple of years back. Love that game.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only 40hrs?
You've just started the game, duude I had almost 500hrs when I last booted up HZD a couple of years back. Love that game.
47hrs now.

I'm doing the side quests and will do the rest as long as they're fun. 😄

But surely a new console will release on latest firmware?

Until offsets are ported to 8.xx it could be a long wait since it’s been nearly 3 years since PS5 “OG” released.
You're right about that, there is a possibility of later OFWs being hackable? PS4 Slims got their chance.

Reactions: KiiWii

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not worth getting a lower/hackable firmware now rather than later?
I still don't see why one would get a console now just to let it sit for years in order to maybe enjoy 3 or 4 games that you could eventually get at a huge discount or on PC anyways. I once hacked a PS4 and eventually sold it as I had absolutely no use for it. I don't see how it would be any different with the PS5.

Reactions: isoboy

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I still don't see why one would get a console now just to let it sit for years in order to maybe enjoy 3 or 4 games that you could eventually get at a huge discount or on PC anyways. I once hacked a PS4 and eventually sold it as I had absolutely no use for it. I don't see how it would be any different with the PS5.
I got a second console 2 years ago ready for brew and more.

I also have a gaming PC for games, sinden guns, emulation etc, but this is literally a thread about PS5 hacking and the ability to play brew and (currently PS4) backups on that console... if you don't want a PS5 that's fine though.

• Haha
Reactions: ZeroT21 and Axido

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol