PS5 Kernel Exploit released

0Gbh_wgE

The teased kernel webkit-based exploit for PlayStation 5 consoles by Specter has been released as a public open-source repository on GitHub.
While the current exploit might not mean much to end-users yet, it opens the gates for more developers to debug and develop libraries for the system, as well as making the current exploit more clean, reliable, stable and safe for use when the time comes for the eventual homebrew environment to release into the system.

Given the current state of the exploit, it's in a really early stage, and the developer warns that the "stability is not great", sitting at about 30% at the time of release, and that's one of the key aspects to be touched upon into the future.

:arrow: Source

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Took me 3 attempts. but yea I have debug settings on my ps5 now. Its very unstable so even after the exploit is successful it can still crash after pressing the o button.

Attachments

• 2022100317165279.png
    2022100317165279.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 61
  • 2022100317171623.png
    2022100317171623.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 59
  • 2022100317204674.png
    2022100317204674.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 51
  • 2022100317341667.png
    2022100317341667.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 53

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did try to compile something for the ps5, but I was missing dependencies. I don't know if there's a ps5 sdk or even an official one that's leaked. I think it was hooked on freebsd, but I could only find the file equivalent with openbsd, so I'm confused as to what's going on. the file is probably in both, but it would be freebsd if it's playstation.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Took me 3 attempts. but yea I have debug settings on my ps5 now. Its very unstable so even after the exploit is successful it can still crash after pressing the o button.

at this point, it might only be useful for installing official updates on games you own.

This would be big news if more people had PS5’s

since 4.03 is like a year old, there's almost no way you'd be able to buy a new system that low. you'd have to go with the scalping market on a used system, which probably just increased in value.

Allen-R

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
This would be big news if more people had PS5’s
I mean, it's kinda big news to me even tho I only have a PS4 at the moment.
Might be a pain in the butt to look for a low fw PS5 tho... not to mention the even-worse scalping that would occur...
(scalping-scalping?)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't afford a second ps5. I'm on the latest, but I did buy okage for obvious reasons. however, I likely won't exploit the system at all. I don't want to be banned, and considering I kinda like trophies and whatnot now, I don't want all trophies I get essentially not to carry over to my account. I went two generations not gaming, just testing and researching, that I want to play some games finally. right now, I'm on a tales of binge, kicking some serious ass in berseria.

Reactions: KiiWii and Allen-R

xtrem3x

Trophies
XP
Country
I bought a second ps5 last Xmas for exactly this reason. Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

It’s a great start to hacking the console, can’t wait to see what homebrew comes to this generation :)

I bought 2 just after release but sold the 2nd one for twice the price to cover the total cost. Nothing like having a free PS5 :D
Shame I've been using it though and not saving it for CFW

• Love
Reactions: andyhappypants

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought 2 just after release but sold the 2nd one for twice the price to cover the total cost. Nothing like having a free PS5 :D
Shame I've been using it though and not saving it for CFW
it's unlikely cfw will ever come to it. like with the ps4, it's an exploit. you will still be heavily dependent on the system for almost everything.

Reactions: KiiWii

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if AMD PSP is less secure than SAMU it may end up giving away SAMU secrets…
fyi, for anyone who doesn't know, SAMU is the security processor of the ps4, I guess ps5 as well. stands for secure assets management unit. I learned that from LM.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must be getting old as this is the first time I'm not interested in an exploit. I've also been enjoying the crap out of the PS5 for nearly 2 years so maybe that's got something to do with it.
I'm old at 41 right now, but I'm happy for people who want to exploit their systems. however, like you, I don't care about it, and it's extremely unlikely I'll exploit my system. I've also already mentioned retiring after the ps4 scene anyway, and I'm sticking to that, I promise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...