Ps4 Jailbreak 5.05 Is out !!

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by tonyhhhh, May 27, 2018.

1. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    a fake signed pkg is basically a debug pkg.

JustMeDaFaq likes this.
  2. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    As I understand it, the only time you'd want to use a legit pkg is for an update to a game you legitimately own (ie one that is installed from disc or psn and runs on your system without jailbreak). For non-legit games and updates for them, you want fake pkg.

Last edited by hippy dave, Jun 7, 2018
    JustMeDaFaq and godreborn like this.
  3. Shah Isah

Shah Isah GBAtemp Regular

Sep 7, 2016
    When installing a FPKG. does the filename actually matter?

4. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Nope

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

links and guide here: [AIO] PS4 Exploit Guide | GBAtemp.net - The Independent Video Game Community

Shah Isah likes this.
  5. obidion

obidion Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2018
    United Kingdom
    On the different tune - why there is so few VR games out so far and will it improve - are we waiting for something. Thinking about buying one and getting moss for my GF but it's nowhere to find... Anyone could highlight it for me please?

6. Mo Poge

Mo Poge Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    There are a bunch of VR games released for 5.05. While I haven't seen Moss around yet, there's been some talk that it requires 5.55 (even though it was released in February/March).

obidion likes this.
  7. obidion

obidion Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2018
    United Kingdom
    That is the thing- on one side there is information 5.05 is allowing to run updated VR firmware version box but all the games are very old and very few- like first releases when you check releases. I mean like 10-20 old games in total... might be that new VR requires network connection but I doubt that there were only that few games out before 5.05- psstore version was released in Feb- but I don't know if you can make backups of them... vr2 released in October 2017 - not even 5.05 out back then... any thoughts?

8. Mo Poge

Mo Poge Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    I'm looking at about 50 VR games for 5.05 (or lower for some games) with more VR games being released every day.

I think EVE - Valkyrie is the only one that is not playable as it requires an online connection, but I think almost all the rest are playable.

I see a few games that were released earlier this year (Pupil Wandering, The Inpatient).

VR is definitely a thing with JB'd 5.05 PS4s.

9. obidion

obidion Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Where do you see them? I checked 2 main websites with backups that seem to list all the main releases and there is exactly 20 titles in total with vr in the name- no inpatient, golem, dreams, nothing... zero new games- show me the way please as I'm lost here... pm if have to... thanks

10. sys64738

sys64738 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2013
    Hungary
    Hi!
    My PS4 Pro 5.05 have 39GB of free space and i will instal 17GB FPKG.
    PS4 says not enough free space.
    Why not can the PS4 using the full free space?

11. smf

smf GBAtemp Addict

Feb 23, 2009
    Not all of the games that support PSVR have VR in their title.

Golem seems to be indefinitely delayed, it's difficult (but not impossible) to pirate what you can't buy.

Even Golem doesn't have VR in it's title....

https://twitter.com/highwire_games

https://highwiregames.com/golem/

Last edited by smf, Jul 20, 2018
  12. seanp2500

seanp2500 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 2, 2010
    United States
    lol i have over 70 vr games on 5.05

KiiWii likes this.
  13. obidion

obidion Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I know that you can use not vr dedicated games with vr and unlock PS4 store games so they still run with date changed but that is not the issue. Issue is vr dedicated games that are so many but just few available in pkg file... just trying to find the reason for that to understand the obstacle...

14. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    He has 70 VR games, I have close to 50 fpkg VR games.

They’re easy to find if you do some research.

Search PSVR on “those” sites to obtain the VR updates or full VR game dumps.

Ironically I don’t have a VR yet.....

Mo Poge likes this.
  15. thekarter104

thekarter104 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 28, 2013
    United States
    What does Sonic Mania Plus need?
    Is it playable on 5.05?

16. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese 100%!
    No, I believe it is 5.50 or 5.55. I know because it just released July 17th. So it is likely to be on 5.50 or 5.55.

17. djorn2k

djorn2k Member

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2008
    United States
    Can anyone please tell me if there is a better way to do this. I have my PS4 5.0.5 modded with the latest hack. I have installed and backup my own games without any issues. My concern is when I play other games they run fine until I shut down the system and I need to run the Hen+Mira patch. I understand that I need to run this all the time but my PS4 needs to be connected to the internet to download the patch. Is there any way to run this locally without needing to have my PS4 online.

I tried putting my PS4 on sleep mode but when I try to wake the PS4 the screen stay on black and I always have to do a hard shut down causing the system to check the hard drive for file corruption.

Last edited by djorn2k, Jul 21, 2018
  18. Shah Isah

Shah Isah GBAtemp Regular

Sep 7, 2016
    You need to cache the page. If you haven't already. Remove the ps4 cache and cookies and cache it

19. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese 100%!
    Every time you want to jailbreak your PS4 for backup games.. You must clear the history and clear the cookie before you can do it again. I dont have the problem and no more crashes.

20. DeepDispair0409

DeepDispair0409 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2018
    United States
    HI Guys,
    Maybe you can give me a hand, i successfully modded my PS4 and was able to run games with no issues, however since yesterday i can't, i 'm on version 5.05 but the issue is that i run the Mira+hen it says that is successful but when i try to launch the game i got the message that i need to buy it from the PS store and the padlock is persistent.

ive tried removing and re-install the game, i tried with new games but with no success.

any suggestion?