PS4 controller wirelessly on Wii, are these drivers legit?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Radlust, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Radlust
    OP

Radlust Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2015
    Norway
    Not sure how much traction this project gained, but I happened upon it recently;

http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=78431

I'm getting the Exception (DSI) Occurred! blackscreen with codedump when in ds4pair_wii/boot.dol, pressing A to pair.

Now I'm wondering if anyone has any idea what went awry in the process of writing the config file to SD.

Additional info:
    When attempting running ds4wiibt/boot.dol, it says make sure to run ds4wii_pair first, so I take it it's supposed to work, right?

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely, Rad

2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    The only "drivers" on the Wii are either part of the IOS a title is running on or compiled into the dol file.

If you're looking for something that will make a PS controller work with Wii games that's probably not going to happen.

3. Wuigi

Wuigi GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2012
    Germany
    DS4 are working with the most important programm via USB, nintendont, so I think there is not that much of a need for a bluetooth driver.
    Also I would not use a controller that breaks as fast as a DS4.
    Better use a Gamecube Controller, those are worth their 30 $/€ instead of wasting a 70 $/€ piece of plastic by not even playing a game that utilizes its touchscreen, its lightbar gimmick, its microfone or motion sensing.
    Except when you have the energy to ask every few weeks for a replacement.