PS4 10.02 : Really no hope ?

ImBrownNotBlk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A format will get rid of it, but that might too drastic. You could backup games, maybe saves, to an external medium.
There's nothing on the PS4 at all that I care about.. It's been sitting in storage couple years so I was just trying to Jailbreak it but automatic download got stuck in there so if formatting is only option I'm in possibly

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's nothing on the PS4 at all that I care about.. It's been sitting in storage couple years so I was just trying to Jailbreak it but automatic download got stuck in there so if formatting is only option I'm in possibly
Its not a big deal aslong you disable auto updates in your settings it will never install it. Make sure the USB is exfat formatted not fat32.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
i read in some threads that you can factory reset your ps4. does it reset the firmware ?
is there no possibility at all to downgrade ? Is it cpu fused like the nintendo switch ?
I was on firmware 9.0 and unfortunately my gf decided to make an update to latest firmware .... i want to die
Sounds like you need to upgrade your girlfriend to a smarter model. :rolleyes:

ImBrownNotBlk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not a big deal aslong you disable auto updates in your settings it will never install it. Make sure the USB is exfat formatted not fat32.

Yeah I formatted to exfat and PS4 doesn't detect USB at all. I put in safe mode and try to update like that and got a error message at least that said (USB not connected) CE xxxxx something.. Could it possibly be this crappy USB drive from Walmart ONN Brand 16Gb

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I formatted to exfat and PS4 doesn't detect USB at all. I put in safe mode and try to update like that and got a error message at least that said (USB not connected) CE xxxxx something.. Could it possibly be this crappy USB drive from Walmart ONN Brand 16Gb
Most likely yes, definately try another usb

ImBrownNotBlk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most likely yes, definately try another usb
Okay so the USB was the problem I found 1 laying around the house but it only has 4Gb on it which I don't think is enough space for all the files I'm going to need right? I downloaded 5.05 fw from dark software xyz and plugged USB into PS4 and yes 5.05 is ready to install. So is that that actual jailbreak fw?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so the USB was the problem I found 1 laying around the house but it only has 4Gb on it which I don't think is enough space for all the files I'm going to need right? I downloaded 5.05 fw from dark software xyz and plugged USB into PS4 and yes 5.05 is ready to install. So is that that actual jailbreak fw?
no, it's just ofw. there's no coldboot or cfw or anything like that for the ps4.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Maximo101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same issue. I couldn't delete the file from notifications, but I WAS able to delete it another way, but I can't remember how. I think I may have used settings and storage and device storage. I think the d/l file was shown there, and I was able to check a box and delete it. ??

Also, I have a ps4 on 5.05, one was on 7.55 and the pro is on 9.0 You should consider just bringing it up to 9.0. That is the most stable. A much bigger library of games is also available...

Reactions: Marc_LFD

komabear

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Well since I'm in the land of no hope I wanted to ask I'm I screwed also? I have PS4 with 4.07 software but before I turned off automatic downloads it had downloaded 10.01 and it says ready to install.. I got a flash drive and put 5.05 on it but when I put stick in PS4 it doesn't recognize USB so not sure what I can do to delete this pesky 10.1 update that's stuck in system..😭
Try another USB and check folder structure to see if its there properly, if you go to System you should be able to check if you're on the right FW (and if your PS4 hasnt updated by itself).. Even if it just downloaded the update, you should still be able to install 5.05 without any issue if the PS4 just downloaded it and not installed it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYaFp_WnSP8