PS4 10.02 : Really no hope ?

joedo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

is there really no hope to use backup games on PS4 with the firmware update of september 2022 ?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if that's the latest, but I can almost assuredly say there will never be a public exploit on the latest firmware. sony would likely sue to the hacker if that happened. there's some reference to this in the nda. "releasing an exploit that hurts either sony or their customers."

Reactions: Marc_LFD

joedo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i read in some threads that you can factory reset your ps4. does it reset the firmware ?
is there no possibility at all to downgrade ? Is it cpu fused like the nintendo switch ?
I was on firmware 9.0 and unfortunately my gf decided to make an update to latest firmware .... i want to die

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i read in some threads that you can factory reset your ps4. does it reset the firmware ?
is there no possibility at all to downgrade ? Is it cpu fused like the nintendo switch ?
I was on firmware 9.0 and unfortunately my gf decided to make an update to latest firmware .... i want to die

No you can't downgrade your firmware without hardware programmer.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, that would be a major oversight. you can revert, not downgrade, if you made preparations. you need a back up of your slfash0 from the dev partition to do so, and I think it requires soldering in three chips.

Panzer_Baboon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is a really stupid post. I'm sure she'd be happy knowing her boyfriend wants to die over a video game console that can't play stolen games anymore.

Reactions: k7ra and Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
means i'm totally fiucked
Yes, if you wanted to play pirated games. Just sell that OFW PS4 somewhere and buy one with 5.05 ~ 9.00 if you really want (not need).

i would try ebay for another one with FW 9 or less. They are still showing up. Couple bills for a ps4 and three for a pro. About.
I sold two PS4 Pros on eBay, one moderately silent and one very noisy. I'm glad to have gotten rid of the latter because it took forever to sell because of it.

However, someone who knows how to replace thermal paste could fix that, anyway.

joedo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks eveyone for answers.
I'll get a new PS4.
Will it be ok if i get a PS4 with firmware between 5 and 9 included ? PS4 Pro is same as PS4 regarding hacks/jailbreaks playing backup games ?
Post automatically merged:

Seems more of a personal problem than a hardware/software issue at this point :rolleyes:
ooops
Post automatically merged:

This is a really stupid post. I'm sure she'd be happy knowing her boyfriend wants to die over a video game console that can't play stolen games anymore.
my console is better than my gf and i only use my own backup games.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just stay on that firmware, and turn the internet off or something. the auto downloader for system software doesn't seem to work on the ps4, so it's best to disable the internet. the ps5 has the same option, and it does appear to work. I have it set up not to install new firmware while in rest mode, because I use rest mode a lot, and I always get kicked out of the game when it updates. now, you have total control of it.

Maximo101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
obviously, the ones on 9.00 are cheaper than earlier FW versions. I just bought one after looking at about a dozen consoles. For just under 3 bills...

ImBrownNotBlk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well since I'm in the land of no hope I wanted to ask I'm I screwed also? I have PS4 with 4.07 software but before I turned off automatic downloads it had downloaded 10.01 and it says ready to install.. I got a flash drive and put 5.05 on it but when I put stick in PS4 it doesn't recognize USB so not sure what I can do to delete this pesky 10.1 update that's stuck in system..😭

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well since I'm in the land of no hope I wanted to ask I'm I screwed also? I have PS4 with 4.07 software but before I turned off automatic downloads it had downloaded 10.01 and it says ready to install.. I got a flash drive and put 5.05 on it but when I put stick in PS4 it doesn't recognize USB so not sure what I can do to delete this pesky 10.1 update that's stuck in system..😭
Can you delete it in notifications?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: