Hacking Ps3Xploit - Now Install CFW from 4.82 OFW : NOR/NAND Software Flash Writer + NOR Dumper Released

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 280,172
  • Replies 1,552
  • Likes 42

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
If there's no extra files included in your download, the DLC could presumably be pre-applied.

I've decided to replace the thermal paste on my Slim, for no reason other than the fact that I can and it seems like a good idea. Had to buy a set of torx security screwdrivers, I already bought a torx T-8 not realising that T-8 Security is a different thing. Bah.
speaking about the thermal paste, my PS3 slim for the first time i began to hear the sound of the fan, i am playing asura's wrath.

the only other game made my PS3 this loud was the last of us.
maybe because of the game? or because of the CFW?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
speaking about the thermal paste, my PS3 slim for the first time i began to hear the sound of the fan, i am playing asura's wrath.

the only other game made my PS3 this loud was the last of us.
maybe because of the game? or because of the CFW?
If you have webMAN installed, that has its own fan controller with a lower temperature threshold than the stock system. Thus, the fan kicks into high gear sooner and more often. You can disable this in the webMAN settings, but you might wanna just let it do its thing.

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just upgrade to latest webman, anyone else have issues with ftp connection transfer timing out on them randomly on large transfers? Was working great on the bundle rebug version.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

JiveTheTurkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just upgrade to latest webman, anyone else have issues with ftp connection transfer timing out on them randomly on large transfers? Was working great on the bundle rebug version.

I had left a game transferring thru Filezilla then after checking it there was no longer a 'transferring' process although when I go to multiMan and load it the game just sits in a black screen until force shut down. I believe the FTP Transfer was at fault.

Reactions: democracy

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had left a game transferring thru Filezilla then after checking it there was no longer a 'transferring' process although when I go to multiMan and load it the game just sits in a black screen until force shut down. I believe the FTP Transfer was at fault.
wondering if I should downgrade...? Tied to re-transfer the same game 3 times and each time, a few files failed to transfer, I had to re-que those files to finish transfer. I upgraded because I wanted the ntfs ftp support:)

Last edited by democracy,
Reactions: JiveTheTurkey

JiveTheTurkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wondering if I should downgrade...? Tied to re-transfer the same game 3 times and each time, a few files failed to transfer, I had to re-que those files to finish transfer. I upgraded because I wanted the ntfs ftp support:)

I switched from Ferrox to Rebug and it has been stable (not shutting or freezing) although Im trying to use webman to run a ps2 iso and just like the ps3 game it stays in the black screen. I was also told that large transfers have a difficult time if your over wifi is heavy traffic and that games are better loaded off external, sad thing is I don't have external way of connecting for now :(

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's most likely your router that's at fault, ethernet would be the better option here. The CFW has nothing to do with the transfer, all CFW with the exception of REBUG is based off the same source.

Same with you, prob a router issue. Use ethernet on large files.

I switched from Ferrox to Rebug and it has been stable (not shutting or freezing) although Im trying to use webman to run a ps2 iso and just like the ps3 game it stays in the black screen. I was also told that large transfers have a difficult time if your over wifi is heavy traffic and that games are better loaded off external, sad thing is I don't have external way of connecting for now :(

PS2 black screen is common, how to bypass it I don't know, most info on it is outdated. There is no difference in loading games from external or internal, either way it's the same. PS2 games have to be on internal though.

GBA rocks

Trophies
XP
Country
I already own a 20xx and 21xx with cfw from back in the day.

This is the first time ever home users can hack a 25xx without an hardware flasher, right?

I want a cfw 25xx now. I understand not all of them are compatible. Is there a non-black (red, blue, white, LE, etc) one that’s compatible? Any suggestion for eBay keywords?

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already own a 20xx and 21xx with cfw from back in the day.

This is the first time ever home users can hack a 25xx without an hardware flasher, right?

I want a cfw 25xx now. I understand not all of them are compatible. Is there a non-black (red, blue, white, LE, etc) one that’s compatible? Any suggestion for eBay keywords?

I don't recall any LE consoles being compatible and I've downgraded nearly 3000 PS3 consoles, never once seen one that wasn't a case swap.

Reactions: GBA rocks

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all attempted over lan here. Its possible its my privoxy firewall getting in the way, going to disable that and try again.

Reactions: JiveTheTurkey

sys64738

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi!
I have a Super Slim modell with 4.81 OFW.
Is it worth to wait to Super Slim Homebrew Enabler WebExploit or i sell my Super Slim and buy a Hackable Slim Modell?

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi!
Is it worth to wait to Super Slim Homebrew Enabler WebExploit or i sell my Super Slim and buy a Hackable Slim Modell?
If you have the money and you found a hackable slim on sale then I would say go for it. If you don't have the money or if you have enough patience then I would just wait

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They run fine if you use web man

A lot of games won't run at all, some are too slow, others are glitchy. I guess you're lucky if the ones you tried all worked fine, I have a 100% failure rate for all the games I tried. They work fine on the backward compatible ps3 using the original emulator rather than cobra.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Only the launch consoles have PS2 hardware emulation, so the quality of the software emulation in later consoles is going to vary per game. It's best to see it as a nice bonus if a game happens to work.

Reactions: KiiWii

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

No. The first 2500s shipped with 3.40, you shouldn't need any hardware or exploit to mod that. It's only the 2500s that shipped with 3.56 that always needed a hardware flasher, anything later can't be modded anyway. Once games started shipping with 3.56 then most consoles needed a hardware flasher, but you can occasionally get lucky if it's been sat in someones cupboard.

You have to look at the bottom label for the date (if you're in america) or datecode (everywhere else) and if you can't see it then you have to ask the seller.

Only the launch consoles have PS2 hardware emulation, so the quality of the software emulation in later consoles is going to vary per game. It's best to see it as a nice bonus if a game happens to work.

I don't like surprises, especially in the middle of a game. So I have a ps2, OPL is better than the software emulators. A backward compatible PS3 is ok, but they are big and noisy, likely to die & you have to store the ISO on the internal disk.

Hi!

Only you can answer if it's worth it. I'd ask why you waited all this time and didn't buy a mod-able slim model and get it hardware downgraded, if having a modded console was that important to you?

What do you want a modded ps3 for? Super slim probably won't support backups and homebrew may need to be compiled specifically for it, if an exploit is ever even released.

Last edited by smf,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I don't like surprises, especially in the middle of a game. So I have a ps2, OPL is better than the software emulators. A backward compatible PS3 is ok, but they are big and noisy, likely to die & you have to store the ISO on the internal disk.
Indeed. As an owner of both a backwards compatible Phat machine and a 2500A Slim, I'd take the Slim any day. I ended up rarely using the Phat because it felt like a ticking time bomb. There are better options for PS2, including original hardware and PCSX2.

But the software emulation on later machines is a nice bonus for casual use.

Reactions: cvskid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fuckin heavy storm over here