Hacking Ps3Xploit - Now Install CFW from 4.82 OFW : NOR/NAND Software Flash Writer + NOR Dumper Released

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 278,108
  • Replies 1,552
  • Likes 42

JiveTheTurkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try rebooting it again?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it only boots straight to that message now. I lost count on how many times I disconnected also, tried both leaving it connected and the latter. From what I see on vids I might just need to get a genuine DualShock3.

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay! i fixed the data corrupted bug. As i said i have a third party controller, so when i pushed the write to memory button i unplugged the controller.:D
So the problem is an another device in the ps3's usb port.
I've tried that, but 90% of the time the exploit freezes when I do that. Was it just bad luck?

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a really obscure question, regarding the PS2 emulator..
On my hacked Slim, when I run PS2 games through software emu, the little menu that opens with the home button is transparent so you can still see and hear the game, whereas on my Phat hardware compatible PS2s menu is opaque and silent. Does anyone know if I can somehow get the menu to act like my Slim? Is that perhaps a feature of Rebug?

GensX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I've tried that, but 90% of the time the exploit freezes when I do that. Was it just bad luck?
I don't know man, maybe its a luck thing. Try it again. I too had lost hope after 5 hours of trying. But thanks to pointing out that you were using a third party controller. Good luck on patching the console!

D

Deleted User

OP
@Sasori : I took the liberty to add my little "is my PS3 compatible?" to the FAQ. (but, how many users read the faq before asking questions?)
Thanks for adding it. It should help the few people that read the FAQ hopefully :D

The answer to your question? About 1% of people. This is an issue all over the interwebs. I work for a larger server company as well and 99% of the people just assume we are there to spoon feed everything.

Reactions: Cyan

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Just saw the news. Glad it's happening! :D
Now I have a question: 3 years ago, I've installed the Cobra ODE on my PS3 slim console. I accidentally updated the console to version 4.63, and realized it's impossible to fix it unless I buy another part for the ODE or downgrade with a E3 flasher.
So I kept my ODE in PT(Pass-through) mode, never enabling my Cobra ODE ever again.
What i'm asking is....is it possible for me right now to use this new method in order to achieve CFW again? If not, what should I do?
I haven't updated my PS3 OFW since then, and i'm worried this method will brick my console.

D

Deleted User

OP
maybe it should be added to the faq
if you get "data is corrupted", repatch first.

edit:
damn, it's there ! at the beginning.
nobody read it, really. (even me? haha) I thought it wasn't there, as that questions is ask sooooo many times.
To be fair I added that in last night

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
maybe it should be added to the faq
if you get "data is corrupted", repatch first.
Yes. Users have also reported success with USB 2.0 as opposed to 3.0. Might be worth throwing in there too. And a note that people should have an official PS3 controller by their side if they wanna be safe as it can get stuck (as per above posters) in recovery mode and a third party controller may not work.

Reactions: Cyan

zeveroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's too bad my OG PS3 and first slim both had died years ago. It's a shame that newer slims will likely not be supported ever.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Just saw the news. Glad it's happening! :D
Now I have a question: 3 years ago, I've installed the Cobra ODE on my PS3 slim console. I accidentally updated the console to version 4.63, and realized it's impossible to fix it unless I buy another part for the ODE or downgrade with a E3 flasher.
So I kept my ODE in PT(Pass-through) mode, never enabling my Cobra ODE ever again.
What i'm asking is....is it possible for me right now to use this new method in order to achieve CFW again? If not, what should I do?
I haven't updated my PS3 OFW since then, and i'm worried this method will brick my console.
I'm not entirely sure what the Cobra ODE is to be honest but I can't imagine that it'd conflict or anything. If it works as a normal console I'd update it to 4.82 and just go like normal.
Well, assuming it's actually one of the supported slims.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's a shame that newer slims will likely not be supported ever.

Source on this statement?
People also said the PS3 would likely never ever get software hacked above 3.55. @esc0rtd3w already announced that they're working on compatibility for more Slims and the Super Slim.

zeveroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not entirely sure what the Cobra ODE is to be honest but I can't imagine that it'd conflict or anything. If it works as a normal console I'd update it to 4.82 and just go like normal.

Source on this statement?
People also said the PS3 would likely never ever get software hacked above 3.55. @esc0rtd3w already announced that they're working on compatibility for more Slims and the Super Slim.

It was an opinion, not a fact.

Last edited by zeveroth,

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel

Yes, my slim console is supported for this method. that's why I asked

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
It was an opinion, not a fact.
I'm sorry but saying "X will never be Y" is not an opinion. Not even with a "likely" in between.

"3 + 3 will likely never be 5..."

Yes, my slim console is supported for this method. that's why I asked
Personally I'd say GOGO

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know man, maybe its a luck thing. Try it again. I too had lost hope after 5 hours of trying. But thanks to pointing out that you were using a third party controller. Good luck on patching the console!
Well, got it to restart after unplugging the controller and it still stops right there at 70%.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: