Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SifJar said:
Sausage Head said:
they should keep this for themselves. Scriptkiddies do no good.
No one has released anything. They have just pointed out that it is theoretically possible for a bad CFW to steal your details.
which is in its own bad enough

when someone tells you you can easily do something ... dont you give it a shot and try? what if one of those annoying little pricks succeeds?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
boktor666 said:
This is crap. Thank you Hackers+Geohot for Fucking up the PS3, dicks.
No one has done anything to harm your PS3 experience in any way. If you are on OFW, which I must assume judging by your comments towards geohot et al, you have NOTHING to worry about, no one can get your console ID or credit card details, they could only randomly guess your console ID, which has something like a 0.000000000000000000001% chance of happening or something. i.e. it will NOT happen. And they could only get you banned if they did that.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ThePowerOutage said:
Console IDs are supposed to be random aren't they?

Since Sonys random no. Generator is broken they probably go up in ones.

rofl.gif
True. But I'd say it was a proprietary algorithm used to generate the codes, so they'd have implemented it properly. It wasn't that they couldn't generate random numbers possibly, it was that they failed at implementing the security algorithm, and used the same random number each time.

Kayouu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Maedhros said:
Kayouu said:
But I'm just curious if you could technically generate the ID if the other console is already on PSN I would think it would notice identical ID's on PSN and do something, not sure what. lol
Technically, someone could bruteforce generate ID's... but do you know that this would be really ridiculous slow, right?

I'll admit, I didn't read the thread, nor do I want to after seeing you and Argentum or whatever his name is bicker and constantly go "LOL DID YOU READ THE THREAD?" "LOL DID YOU READ THE POST?!" "LOL WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!" "LOLOLOL"

but if someone can bruteforce a regular password depending on the speed of their computer in a decent amount of time, it probably isn't that hard with the PS3. And lets be honest, there are A LOT of people in the world today who have great rigs because it's so cheap to get them now.
yeah really like say I used my quad 12core server to figure out some algorithmic equation to rdmly gen ids. connect to sony and test them there must be some piece of data that they reply with saying id is right or wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh