Hacking PS3 4.81 exploit to be released by Christmas

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
No matter how hard i try, i have never gotten RPCS3 to work. I always get a black screen. :glare: All i care about is playing Demon's Soul's cut level.
Well i tried it out just because i was curious and for me it works. Running it on a 7700k and 1080 ti tho and didn't try a lot of games

Last edited by kumikochan,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Highly unlikely, no one wants to write for Cell architecture, which is why our emulator list blows on this console.
And yeah, it's dumb that there's a prerequisite like that. The WiiU version of Netflix doesn't even need to be on the latest version to work, but the app sucks and crashes all the time so you have some of column A and column B
youll be suprised actually as you can get emulators already on the PS3, think the days of hard coding are gone.

would be nice to see progress on newer ofw's, i guess now that sony are moving away from the ps3 maybe wont gain much heat.

Reactions: Vorde

Sfekke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Apparently they are having problems with super slims. Probably because the minimum version is a lot higher than other consoles.
I just hope the SS users get a CFW soon.
Mainly because some of my disks are getting worn out and scratched up.
We will have to see, but I hope esc0rtd3w or someone in the PS3 scene finds a way that'll bring us into "the promised land"

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Apparently they are having problems with super slims. Probably because the minimum version is a lot higher than other consoles.
Would a Slim work to install CFW?
I heard that some ones do some others don't.
I'm still going to wait until the exploit releases before buying another ps3 (I'm hoping it will allow us to install CFW without downgrading to 3.55)

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Would be interesting. I have a CFW PS3 running Rebug, but it's a launch machine. It has hardware PS2 compatibility which is great, but those old models seem like ticking time bombs before they YLOD. I've replaced the thermal paste in mine and increased the fan speed to be sure, but I'd certainly consider a Super Slim instead if it were exploitble.
would the super slim not be able to run ps2 isos with that cobra mode in rebug ?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
would the super slim not be able to run ps2 isos with that cobra mode in rebug ?
Presumably you can use that software emulation mode. Frankly, I'd prefer a more reliable super slim anyway - PCSX2 is the way to go for PS2 games these days.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which PS3 model should I pick if I can wait long term?

Super Slim is better long term from overheating issue, right?

D

Deleted User

Oh.... right after I sold my ps3.... awesome..... here's hoping i can get one cheap later down the line.

Reactions: BasedIndex

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Time to remove my ethernet cable off my PS3.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Interesting.
I thought the PS3 scene was slowly dying.
Not sure if it counts but the GBA and DS scene aren't dead, despite both of those platforms being older than the PS3.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Not sure if it counts but the GBA and DS scene aren't dead, despite both of those platforms being older than the PS3.

Slowly dying does not mean dead.
None of the console scenes are truly dead as even the Atari 2600 gets homebrew games once in a while.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Aeiou backwards