PS Vita will not launch in the west until 2012

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose it gives Nintendo a chance to make up lost ground. Seems Sony learned from Nintendo that it's a bad idea to release a system without without good launch titles. I don't think it will affect sales. Kids will have money and gift cards from Christmas that they'll use.

DeathStrudel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think they're making a bigger mistake by trying to avoid Nintendo's mistake. By missing the holiday season they're gonna miss out on a lot of parents who would be buying these things for their kids; it wouldn't even matter if there were any good games available. Now parents are just gonna get their kids a 3DS for Christmas instead.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
DeathStrudel said:
I think they're making a bigger mistake by trying to avoid Nintendo's mistake. By missing the holiday season they're gonna miss out on a lot of parents who would be buying these things for their kids; it wouldn't even matter if there were any good games available. Now parents are just gonna get their kids a 3DS for Christmas instead.
Or an iPod/iDevice. =)

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
Waflix said:
According to WikiPedia only Europe will get the PSV in 2012, North-America will get it in 2011 (fourth quarter).

well done sony, what a great way to backstab your EU fans.... again and again and again and again, keep doing it sony and you will get a medal of honour for being the most hated games company in europe.

while they delay the ps vita till 2012 i will be enjoying my 3ds and giving my money to NINTENDO who deserve my money way more than sony does.

QUOTE(koimayeul @ Aug 4 2011, 01:53 PM) Good Lord again Europe last served.. and with a higher price tag of course -_-'

yep, that is the way it always goes.
wow, what a crybaby.

also, the wikipedia is wrong. wikipedia pages are user-submitted/community-maintained.
meaning everything you read on wikipedia is put there by people like you and me. not by sony employees
rolleyes.gif

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Slyakin said:
With a delay as big as this, and a launch that is still shitty, I'm starting to doubt the Vita.
As big as what? They never said they would release it this year in all the world. It'll be released early next year.

Also the lauch right now is better than anything the competition has to offer (besides one remake), and it's not even released.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Veho said:
cwstjdenobs said:
That's something I don't understand, why pay out for 3G when you will still have to find a WiFi connection to play games online? And if you have to use WiFi to game online why not just use that faster, cheaper option to dl content?
Internet on the go? With 3G you aren't tethered to a hotspot.
But you still need to pay monthly charges, plus 3G is quite slow (my iPhone's 3G speed compared to home Wi-Fi is a huge gap)

Wi-Fi version for me. However yeah like I say, different people have different taste.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
But you still need to pay monthly charges, plus 3G is quite slow (my iPhone's 3G speed compared to home Wi-Fi is a huge gap)

Wi-Fi version for me. However yeah like I say, different people have different taste.

...But it's still internet on the go, which is the whole point of having 3G. WiFi is always better than 3G in terms of speed and such, but it's not always there. That's kinda why people use 3G and why it exists.

You won't be able to do online gaming on 3G but you can probably use the PSN for messaging and checking out your friends and you can do your standard selection of web browsing and stuff.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@chris888222 Sorry I'd actually being told it won't even let you try to game online when using 3G instead of WiFi. It's a console, so what's the point of the 3G then? If that's not true I also agree with just how generally crap 3G is.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cwstjdenobs said:
^^ Sorry I'd actually being told it won't even let you try to game online when using 3G instead of WiFi. It's a console, so what's the point of the 3G then? If that's not true I also agree with just how generally crap 3G is.

It's a handheld so you'll be, you know, bringing it on the go. If you want to check the web, your PSN stuff, possibly update your trophies and leaderboards online (this isn't confirmed at all, but I'm guessing it's possible) while on the go, it's pretty optimal.

It's still optional so if you don't think you'd be out of WiFi that much, then don't buy a 3G model.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Guild McCommunist said:
chris888222 said:

...But it's still internet on the go, which is the whole point of having 3G. WiFi is always better than 3G in terms of speed and such, but it's not always there. That's kinda why people use 3G and why it exists.

You won't be able to do online gaming on 3G but you can probably use the PSN for messaging and checking out your friends and you can do your standard selection of web browsing and stuff.
That's true.

But since I am already paying for data on my iPhone, I can use it as a WiFi hotspot (currently doing that with the 3DS as well). So yay, no extra monthly charges and extra price on console
happy.gif

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
Slyakin said:
With a delay as big as this, and a launch that is still shitty, I'm starting to doubt the Vita.
As big as what? They never said they would release it this year in all the world. It'll be released early next year.

Also the lauch right now is better than anything the competition has to offer (besides one remake), and it's not even released.
Well, Sony's first quarter can go as far as April/May, if I am not mistaken. However, I probably shouldn't have said "big".

And the launch is still not good to me. Golf game? No thanks. Uncharted? Getting it for the PS3. Sound Shapes? I'm not into abstract games that much, really. Wipeout? Not a fan of racing genre.

As for the 3G issue: I'm not gonna use my Vita to surf the internet. I have a phone for that, thank you.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
3G online gaming would be sweet, lets see how this turns out. I don't take my handheld's outside sooo WiFi seems good for gaming and no lag. Now if they can get little to no lag on 3G gaming that'd destroy Nintendo's 3DS. It'd seem like ancient technology limited.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
heartgold said:
3G online gaming would be sweet, lets see how this turns out. I don't take my handheld's outside sooo WiFi seems good for gaming and no lag. Now if they can get little to no lag on 3G gaming that'd destroy Nintendo's 3DS. It'd seem like ancient technology limited.
Well, I'm sure PSV will have a much smoother online. It already has PSN, together with it's powerful 'body'.

I'm just glad I can finally have that 12GB up to good use
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2 or not pay attention and still reply