What device should i buy?

• Total voters

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of the geometry algebra and math models and application classes have ti-83's for students to use but some teachers are nice towoards me and they would let me use my nexus if i were to take one to class.

It seems kinda counterproductive to use a tablet over a phone in that case.

If you don't have a smartphone, get that first. Tablets feel like more of a luxury items will a smartphone can become indispensable if you really grow on it. I mean between the cell phone functions (which are basically a necessity in this day and age), there's so much more you can do.

I really wouldn't narrow my decision to games honestly, in the end you'll probably thank yourself a lot more for getting a device based on what it can do than the games it has.

1stClassZackFair

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of the geometry algebra and math models and application classes have ti-83's for students to use but some teachers are nice towoards me and they would let me use my nexus if i were to take one to class.

It seems kinda counterproductive to use a tablet over a phone in that case.

If you don't have a smartphone, get that first. Tablets feel like more of a luxury items will a smartphone can become indispensable if you really grow on it. I mean between the cell phone functions (which are basically a necessity in this day and age), there's so much more you can do.

I really wouldn't narrow my decision to games honestly, in the end you'll probably thank yourself a lot more for getting a device based on what it can do than the games it has.
Today or tommorow I'm getting the Evo 4G. And in a couple weeks i'll get either a nexus 7,vita,3ds xl. I'm still having trouble deciding. And in reply to kingvamp's comment I have a ps3 control so that i could use it with the nexus 7.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today or tommorow I'm getting the Evo 4G. And in a couple weeks i'll get either a nexus 7,vita,3ds xl. I'm still having trouble deciding. And in reply to kingvamp's comment I have a ps3 control so that i could use it with the nexus 7.
Probably better of with a 3DS or Vita then since the Evo 4G will play most if not all of the must play android games and you might not like them. It will also do music and video decently. Have you even tried some android games yet? I know I said this before but you might not like them even if you try to real hard.

1stClassZackFair

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably better of with a 3DS or Vita then since the Evo 4G will play most if not all of the must play android games and you might not like them. It will also do music and video decently. Have you even tried some android games yet? I know I said this before but you might not like them even if you try to real hard.
Yeah i've tried android games before. My mom has an Acer Iconia tablet. Also i could connect the evo to my hdtv and connect my ps3 control to the evo for a better gaming experience.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Four very different pieces of hardware for four very different target audiences... It's weird to compare them, really.

The 3DS is easily the least capable one of the lot, but it's also the one with the biggest library of games at the moment. With its 3D features and DS backwards compatibility, it's quite a catch. The specs aren't spectacular, but the overall design is quite comfortable. The clamshell build protects the device very well and the addition of an analog stick is a step in the right direction. It's a good choice if you're focused on gaming.

The Vita is something for those of us who want a little bit "more" from their gaming experience. The specs are superior to all the presented devices, there's a version with a dedicated 3G/GPS module if you want connectivity on the go, the design is reminiscent to that of the PSP or the Gameboy Advance and the dual analog sticks will make any home console owner feel at... at home. There's less software out for it at the moment and Vita Homebrew Launcher isn't perfected yet, but the console itself IS perfectly capable of booting PSP games and some PS1 games, so if you're more interested in higher resolution graphics and connectivity on the go rather than glasses-less 3D and DS homebrew, it's probably the one for you.

The Evo 4G is obviously a smartphone, but by my standards it's not spectacular. If you're interested in gaming on it, you're better off with an Xperia Play which has dedicated buttons for it. If you just want a good Android smartphone, go for a Samsung Galaxy SII or an equivalent - it's dual-core, based on an ARM Cortex A9 - this spells fluid operations. Moreover, it has twice the RAM. It's simply "better". That, or wait for Galaxy SIII.

The Nexus 7 is a tablet - not the "perfect" gaming device, but definitely the one that will give you the best multimedia experience. Big screen, quad-core Cortex A9 processor, Tegra 3 on-board, 1GB DDR3 RAM... And it's made by ASUS - there's really not much more to wish for. If browsing the internet and watching videos with the occasional gaming is your thing, go for it!

Reactions: 1 person

1stClassZackFair

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your post foxi4,i really need a new phone so the evo is my first priority. After that i'll probably be getting a vita or the nexus 7,most likely the nexus.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your post foxi4,i really need a new phone so the evo is my first priority. After that i'll probably be getting a vita or the nexus 7,most likely the nexus.
What steered you away from the 3ds xl? Do you have you own laptop?

I'm not sure how strong that phone is,but if you still want to emulate and have +$60 to spare, maybe you can try this. I seen this come up somewhere in the forum. Not something I would buy myself tho.
[yt]o-HA74MwVug[/yt]

1stClassZackFair

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What steered you away from the 3ds xl? Do you have you own laptop?

I'm not sure how strong that phone is,but if you still want to emulate and have +$60 to spare, maybe you can try this. I seen this come up somewhere in the forum. Not something I would buy myself tho.
[yt]o-HA74MwVug[/yt]
I just don't see myself playing the 3ds and yes i have my own laptop. To answer your question about the phone it has a 1GHz Snapdragon processor,512 MB ram,1024 MB rom.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That controller is for the IOS and most hardware devs will go for the most popular products such as Samsung Galaxy and Iphone unless they know it will sell such as cases, skins and cables. .
You can always buy a check Vita via craigslist or online or wait for the Assassin's Creed Bundle. Do you really need a Nexus 7 when you have the phone? The screen might be small but that is all that is different feature wise pretty much.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That controller is for the IOS
It says on the site that it is compatible with other phones.
Ya, my bad but you usually have to mod the case and a lot of the times it doesn't work and it isn't compatible with the Evo 4G due to the size of the phone. Even then the device only works on certain things like emulators and a handful of games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show