Hacking (Proof of Concept) Gamecube games in vWii on Wii U

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hell I have a place here called Game Exchange, their bread and butter is all used games/DVD's (I think that ONLY what they deal in). they even had the old school gold Legend of Zelda for NES, three or four actually
That's very similar to where I am which has multiple locations of a store called "The Exchange" (originally called "The Record Exchange" which shows how long they've been around). They pretty much carry ANY kind of media - games from any console or handheld along with the accessories and hardware even, pretty much ANY video storage medium (even VHS and HD DVD), lots of music CDs and vinyl. Game-wise they even take Japanese Imports.

Seriously, that plus MicroCenter is probably the best thing of living in so-called "no-mans-land" northeast Ohio, other than the relative political balance between liberals and conservatives and that you can actually buy non-Monsanto seeds (unlike Indiana). :P

Reactions: Warlord698

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a good question brought up on twitter, if this could be made to work for quadforce too. I imagine it could.
Maxternal, it is my birthday today, no updates since Sunday? Your post says Saturday. I know, little time, if there is anything cool though please share. Or if not on here PM me please.

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using v3 of the HIDtest I can confirm that both the Mayflash Super Dual Box Pro (Dualshock/2 to USB) and the Mayflash Wii Classic Controller Adapter for PC (CC/pro to USB) work just fine with a single controller. I couldn't test the Super Dual Box Pro with two controllers but the Classic Controller Adapter didn't work with two controllers - the number values just stayed frozen no matter what order I plugged in the controllers and/or the adapter.

Interestingly enough, if it plugged BOTH USB adapter in I would only get results from one of them. Does that mean we won't be able to use multiple USB controllers or does the HIDtest just not support displaying info of 2 USB HID devices at the same time?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
A bit off topic but, what's 3 cores support ? Does it only works with the Wii U, does it enhances performance of certain homebrews ?
It's what Marcan was talking about in his last blog post on the fail0verflow blog. Since Wii U has 3 cores, there's a little trick to make homebrew be able to use them from vWii (yes, only on Wii U ... but still in Wii mode.) so things like video players and emulators that need a lot of processor power could be adjusted to use all 3 and have up to 3x the processor power ... We're working on that right now ... slowly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay