Project xCloud game streaming to be included in Game Pass Ultimate subscriptions this fall

lduBX90.png

If Xbox Game Pass Ultimate wasn't enough of a deal for you already, Microsoft is adding more to its service later this year. In September, Project xCloud game streaming will be incorporated into Game Pass Ultimate, all for no extra charge. Microsoft's game streaming will let you access your Game Pass library through mobile devices and tablets, allowing you to stream your games anywhere. This could also point towards the launch date of Project xCloud, which is currently in an invite-only beta preview form.

You will get more from your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership. Finally, today we’re announcing that this September, in supported countries, we’re bringing Xbox Game Pass and Project xCloud together at no additional cost for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members. With cloud gaming in Game Pass Ultimate, you will be able to play over 100 Xbox Game Pass titles on your phone or tablet. And because Xbox Live connects across devices, you can play along with the nearly 100 million Xbox Live players around the world. So when Halo Infinite launches, you and your friends can play together and immerse yourselves in the Halo universe as Master Chief—anywhere you go and across devices.

Cloud gaming in Xbox Game Pass Ultimate means your games are no longer locked to the living room. You can connect more than ever with friends and family through gaming. And just like you do with your movie and music streaming services, when cloud gaming launches into Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, you can continue your game wherever you left off on any of your devices.

:arrow: Source

CaptainJosh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Amazing deal! Truly. They just need to make some kind of joycon-like controller at a decent price and I can see myself using this a lot on the go.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would've thought that it would be accessible through PC too. But that would make too much sense.

I already have the streaming on my phone the thing is 99% of the games they are offering is already on game pass with the exception of WWE 2K20 and Forza MotorSport 7 (I hope these come to gamepass) The other thing with the cloud streaming you NEED a controller I'm not too sure if 3rd party or Bluetooth would work (I think offical is fine)

If you have a windows 10 you can access your xbox one remotely I kidna wish they can make it (true remote like how sony does it) this one limits you to only acces your xbox from your home network.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Let me get this straight:
A bit over 100€ or $ and you get every single game to play in the library. Anywhere?

Awesome.
It's actually much more expensive in the US, MS charges $15 a month here which equates to $180 a year.

Though it's still a great value IMO. MS's PC game pass is literally the only gaming "subscription" thing I subscribe to (not counting PS+ which I basically get for free as birthday presents) because $5 a month for a bunch of PC games, including most first party titles at or around launch, is an excellent deal.

As to Xcloud, I won't bother using it because game streaming is bad, but hey adding it into Ultimate Game Pass for no additional cost is nice. I'd like to hope they'll keep it that way, but I suspect if the demand for it grows they'll probably end up bumping the price another $5 or $10 a month for it.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Lieutenant Mike Harrigan : I'll show you insubordination, you son of a bitch!
I looked at prices from key sites, and those are routinely cheaper. PC Game pass is something I want to try, but considering my hardware is old, wouldn't alow me to enjoy the goodness in its entirety. But I concur, it's good value, and this recent addition just takes it home further.

One to look up to, for sure.

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

cherryduck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've tried Stadia and PS Now, both were grainy and low visual fidelity. If they somehow manage to make streaming games look as good as native with comparable input latency then I can see this working out, otherwise it will never be good enough for me to take this as a serious option.

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.