Not open for further replies.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@Finde ~ Just cause he said iTouch doesn't mean it will be iTouch xDD.

My best guess would be a flashcart under $20. Maybe even $10 but the only one under $10 is the DSTT/TTDS.

Good job Soul. What is your progress right now? I haven't read this thread/visited it for too long. So which part of MENUdo you on?

Findecanno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that im just saying that because itouch isn't popular like many other cards and they may be looking for ways to increase sales.

themando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
To me, this setup is a shame, such potential for a new homebrew masterpiece, but what will stop many people from even using it is the lack of commercial rom support (on every card but one). I, for one, would definitely not buy a new cart (since I already have one [that's running AKAIO, even]) just to run MENUdo, nor will I use a menu that limits me to homebrew.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I highly doubt it would be the iTouchDS. The M3 Team already have a sexy firmware for one of their cards, and that's Sakura. My guess is still with the DSTT, as the AK has AKAIO and the R4 is just... dead. However, it could be the EDGE, but I doubt it since it's apparently just a clone of the Cyclo.

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait a sec...

I haven't seen the DSTT update in a while - don't know what they're doing - I think they "died"

I also noticed...

The AK team has been silent for a while...
It's cheap...

It's either the TT or AK.

L

lilkerv90210

IT could be any card but thats not the focus of this thread.. whoever gets it gets it thats the way it is deal with it...

Soul Its been a while (A LONG WHILE) since ive said anything about your project your doing a great job..i cant wait till your finished keep up the good work
mthrnitesmiley.gif
grog.gif

MENUDO RULES

Findecanno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will it be possible to hack the free MENUdo firmware and add commercial rom support to it? or mabye even hack the roms to make it think they are homebrew?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@ Sky ~ Just like you said. It is either DSTT/TTDS or AceKard. Doubt it is anything else and if you have watched one of his videos on his youtube channel, his DS starts with the TTDS/DSTT Happy Face MicroSD.

@ Brian ~ Wowz. I doubt that'll be me... xDD. I am most likely still going to try and run roms if it is for the AceKard.

@ Finde ~ Doubt it. MENUdo was specifically made for one flashcart.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
@Splych: Yeah, I noticed that. He tried blocking it with a message, but you could see right through it.
tongue.gif
That's what makes my suspicions of it being the DSTT more solid.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That is what made my suspicion. But what he is saying does make sense. Cheap flashcart, and that is the cheapest out there. Affordable, yes. I was hoping it could've been the AceKard but I doubt it.

Which flashcarts have an alternative OS/GUI.... Only the AceKard, R4DS and SuperCard DS One v3. Eliminate the expensive flashcarts over $20 and you are left with the EDGE, DSTT and EZFlash V. THE EZFlash V isn't much of a customizable flashcart, so I assume that it can't be that. And since the flashcart itself isn't very popular, I don't think it would that anyway. Leaves us with the EDGE and DSTT. I would think that the DSTT/TTDS would be it since it doesn't have an alternative besides YSMenu. EDGE doesn't have an alternative but I just thought that maybe it would just take the CycloDS firmware if it was just a clone.

So every flashcart does have an alternative actually. I made a mistake. So pretty much, the EDGE doesn't and there is a chance it could be this. Or the AceKard. Or the DSTT. Or the EZ Flash. xDD

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Findecanno said:
will it be possible to hack the free MENUdo firmware and add commercial rom support to it? or mabye even hack the roms to make it think they are homebrew?

Why would you want to hack such a great program? Maybe in later versions Soulanger could do what DSision2 does and edit YSMenu's configuration to boot a game from it.

Findecanno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would want to hack it because I have a dsi with an ak2i and depending on the flashcart that this is put on it wont be dsi compatable. Im hoping that its for acekard. they may be looking for new official firmware so they can have more control over what the firmwares like on their card as opposed to akaio which is open source.

L

lilkerv90210

hmm..i understand were your coming from but i think that it will(in time maybe) be able to boot nds roms with something like the Ys menu

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Findecanno said:
I would want to hack it because I have a dsi with an ak2i and depending on the flashcart that this is put on it wont be dsi compatable. Im hoping that its for acekard. they may be looking for new official firmware so they can have more control over what the firmwares like on their card as opposed to akaio which is open source.

Says who?

The 2i runs in normal DS mode
normal ds mode =/= dsi mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv6RbEOlqRo