Wii U Serial Number Database

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by fiveighteen, Dec 5, 2015.

1. fiveighteen
    OP

fiveighteen High Hopes and Low Expectations

Jun 30, 2008
    United States
    This database is to correlate Wii U serial numbers to firmware versions.

The serial number is found on the bottom of the Wii U box and on the bottom of the Wii U system. On the box, it has it's own designated barcode with "PRODUCT SERIAL NUMBER" printed below it. The serial number is two letters followed by nine numbers. Please only post the two letters and first FIVE numbers of the serial number with four X's following.

The firmware that your Wii U is on is found in the Settings menu. Please only log the firmware that your Wii U came on, not what you're on after updating via internet or game disc. Please do not post if you are not 100% certain, as this could throw off all of the data.

Enter your Wii U's serial number and starting firmware version under the correct region in which it belongs. Your region can be found in the Settings menu directly after the firmware version number.
    • U = USA/Canada/Mexico/Latin America
    • E = Europe
    • J = Japan
    For more information on Wii U regions, see this

With many entries, it may be possible to find a cutoff point for where each firmware started being loaded onto the systems.

You can find the Serial Number Database HERE

If you're trying to find a match in the table for a serial number you have found, please expect to do some deductive reasoning. If your serial number is a lower number than one in the table, it can be implied that your system has the same or lower firmware.

*If anyone knows how and wants to spruce anything else up, please do. I tried and couldn't figure some of the stuff out lol.*

Last edited by fiveighteen, Dec 21, 2015

2. Xplic1T

Xplic1T GBAtemp Regular

May 26, 2006
    Added my Mk8 bundle

3. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    Which Mario Kart 8 Bundle, the old or latest one? I currently have a brand new Mk8 bundle sitting over here from the Cyber Monday sale on Amazon. Dying to test it's firmware.

Edit: My box says FW7134XXXX (USA) So I'm guessing it's a 5.4.0 Wii U, like others have reported.

One of the MK8 wii's listed in the database is FW7107XXXX (USA) and has 5.3.2

Makes sense considering firmware 5.3.2 is from December 2014. My Wii U is from December 2015 one whole year later.

I cannot check the firmware because I want to keep the console wrapped and brand new, because I'm selling it and buying an older SM3DW Wii U console. Plus I'm not sure if the MK8 preinstalled game will disappear forever when I format the system after checking.

My Wii U won't be on the database, but my information is here if anyone needs it. It's purely speculation though.

Edit: Anyone that got this same bundle recently AND checked their firmware, it would be great if you can post your serial number to compare with mine.

EDIT: Others have already entered their 71343xxx Wii U's in the database, so mine was pretty much going to be 5.5.0 also

Last edited by MattKimura, Dec 14, 2015
  4. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I renamed your page to add the console's name.
    it will prevent confusion and collision with any future need of similar page for other consoles.
    I also edited your link in the first post.

Maybe you should split the list by regions, and remove the region column.

5. Bug_Checker_

Bug_Checker_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2006
    United States
    Why not "insert table" and "make table sortable"?

6. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    because it's his first time using the wiki and he didn't copy the table template format from another page.

7. Bug_Checker_

Bug_Checker_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2006
    United States
    But you could enable it just by clicking edit and then look for the word "insert" and the picture of the table.(then clicking "make table sortable")

But I understand the bigger issue of the learning curve.

8. frankGT

frankGT Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2009
    Portugal
    Wii U bundle with Mario Kart 8 pre installed.

E - FEM10731XXXX - v 4.1

Last edited by frankGT, Dec 6, 2015
  9. fiveighteen
    OP

Jun 30, 2008
    United States
    I thought it being in the "Wii U" category made it self-explanatory haha. Thanks. I originally had separated regions, but then figured we really don't know if serial numbers are all from one pool or if they're region specific. For example, can there be a FW394582958 in both USA and EUR regions? I guess after seeing frankGT's, EUR has 3 starting letters so they should all be different?

I tried copying the one from Loadiine but I didn't want a "compattable"? Guess I could have kept browsing WikiTemp. :wacko: Feel free to make it better. I was just trying to provide some ground work since everyone kept saying "hey we should have a list" and nobody ever got the ball rolling.

You know, there's a wiki so the community can enter things themselves ;)

Last edited by fiveighteen, Dec 5, 2015
  10. frankGT

frankGT Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2009
    Portugal
    Didnt know, dont care.

11. fiveighteen
    OP

Jun 30, 2008
    United States
    You didn't know? It's what this thread was made for. It's in the OP. You're not hurting my feelings any, though; my Wii U is on 5.3.2. This is for those wanting to go buy one.

MattKimura likes this.
  12. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    So I got my Super Mario 3D World Bundle console today, came with 1.0.3 firmware. Gonna add the firmware to the database.
    FW4081XXXX USA 1.0.3

13. frankGT

frankGT Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2009
    Portugal
    Sory man, was having a rough day. Added.

fiveighteen likes this.
  14. fraret

fraret A puffin

Nov 22, 2015
    Interblag
    Confirmed that EUR consoles come with a 3 Serial number. Mine is a wii party U basic pack, serial number E-GEH10098XXXX. I don't remember which version did it came with, but I'm sure it was above 5.3.2 because I updated online to it.

Last edited by fraret, Dec 6, 2015
  15. AboodXD

AboodXD I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.

Oct 11, 2014
    United Arab Emirates
    Not under a rock.
    Mario and Luigi Deluxe set, serial number:
    FW41784XXXX 3.1.0U

16. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 16, 2008
    AUS - E - GAH10023 fw 1.0.2

17. fiveighteen
    OP

Jun 30, 2008
    United States
    Uhh, wasn't that easy when using the template. I tried throwing in class="wikitable sortable" and it wasn't wanting to work. I'd love for the table to be sortable though... would make it extremely convenient to order by SN, FW, or bundle.

The templates are at:
    http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Template:WiiUSerialNumbers
    http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Template:WiiUFirmware

18. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I updated the template to use sortable.
    I didn't do it for the release date, I don't think it needs to be sorted.

fiveighteen likes this.
  19. CosmoCortney

CosmoCortney The Hacker Furry

Apr 18, 2013
    Germany
    on the cool side of the pillow
    GEF10048XXXX, 4.0.0, No Bundle, Europe (E) (the serial number is not printed on the box. only on the console)
    FEM10117XXXX, don't remember the fw should had been 1.0.1 or 1.0.2, bought the system on the 8th of dec. 2012, Premium 32Gb + Nintendoland, Disc, Europe (E)

20. Net-KILLER

Net-KILLER computer says no

Oct 22, 2009
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    in a pineapple under the sea
    What was the first firmware before day one update ?
    I bought mine on release day :)