Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MENUdo's skinning?
Uhmm, its indexing. :\
Pure indexing. Sorry guys.
If you would remember, MENUdo also uses bmp. ^^"
But I assure you by using these formats benefits the DS hardware.
If I wouldnt use such formats, would you guys still use MENUdo, if loading it would take forever? :\
Oh btw guys, sorry about no progress reports, I caught a disease a few weeks ago. So I got no to little progress to post.
As for today, I THINK im becoming healthier.
frown.gif

OneMichael

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
atomicat.com
XP
Country
Canada
Does Photoshop even have tools for painting individual pixels? I played with it in high-school, but couldn't find anything (which means it probably does, and high-school me just wasn't very 'able').
I use Paint Shop Pro, myself, in which indexed images are super easy.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I have used paintshop pro 7 for years now, it's by far one of (if no the) easiest tools for working with indexed images and pixeling. (dont go past version 7 though, they tried to make it like photoshop - stupid idea).

wolfmanz51

MrNintendosense
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
SoulAnger said:
MENUdo's skinning?
Uhmm, its indexing. :\
Pure indexing. Sorry guys.
If you would remember, MENUdo also uses bmp. ^^"
But I assure you by using these formats benefits the DS hardware.
If I wouldnt use such formats, would you guys still use MENUdo, if loading it would take forever? :\
Oh btw guys, sorry about no progress reports, I caught a disease a few weeks ago. So I got no to little progress to post.
As for today, I THINK im becoming healthier.
frown.gif
Sorry to hear that hope you recover soon.
You don't think you got it by SAy perhaps EATING MENUDO do you?
(horrible joke) but seriously hope your ok

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I find Gimp 2.0 harder to work out that Photoshop, maybe that's because I came to it after years of Photoshop.

Under the brushes tool in Photoshop is a pencil. you can set this to one pixel in size to paint one pixel at a time or set it to larger sizes and without anti aliasing its just like MS Paint. In CS4, it will even overlay a pixel grid if you zoom in far enough, just like old school icon editors.

Indexing in photoshop is easy and fun, my personal preference is a selective pattern dither. Setting the colours just low enough to get a pleasing to the eye Super Mario gradient. Working from start to finish in indexed colour mode is too limiting, make your edits in 16 bit and convert as a last step.

That menudo will accept indexed bitmaps is a blessing. The cyclo ds makes a real hash of it.

Keeley

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i find GImp hard to use too... paint the easiest!!!! ( buy MS paint hahahaha, i know its already in the OS and proabbly not on sale but still buy MS Paint!!!)

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Keeley said:
i find GImp hard to use too... paint the easiest!!!! ( buy MS paint hahahaha, i know its already in the OS and proabbly not on sale but still buy MS Paint!!!)
Lol..I find Paint hard, or better impossible to use...guess everyone here has his personal favourite
tongue.gif
. I won't buy a Photoshop, so I'll stay at GIMP..luckly, I found that:

http://www.linuxtopia.org/online_books/gra...ide_node85.html

I think we should now close the what is better conversation...sorry that I've started that a bit
frown.gif
...Anyways, now I'm ready for Skinning
wink.gif
. Hope it will be as easy as for the M3Real and Co...let's wait and see...my money waits to be exchanged for the compatible chart...
wink.gif

OneMichael

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
atomicat.com
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I got Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 (what a mouthful) for Christmas, and it turns out nothing's changed since PSP8 (which is to say, since Corel got it from Jasc).
Does PSP7 have rotate-able brushes? That's a bit important. I've been using PSP6 for the last ten years, and I still use that for my quick images, because PSP8 takes ten times longer to load (like, ten whole seconds).

Anyway. I lurves pixels!

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is PSP better than PS CS3 or the other versions of PS? I've been using Photoshop for a while now and compared to the other versions of Photoshop it feels like something's missing... Gimp gives me the same feeling.
moogle.gif

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
OK guys, I just tried a recent build of MENUdo. You are all going to love it. The interface is VERY clean, it animates very well indeed. The controls work well, very intuitive, there shouldn't be any need to 'learn' anything to use this. It looks very professional. I can't think what else to say... just wait till the release, then all you wont mind having the demo/freeware/whatever version, you'll see.

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Spinal_Cord: After seeing that, I'm definitely going to be more paitient (I have my XBOX I can mess with until MENUdo is released)

That just gets me more tingly inside after seeing that short review that Spinal just did
yaynds.gif

Findecanno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Briankealing said:
If I needed to pay for MenuDo, I would stick with AKAIO
unsure.gif
I agree almost all homebrew is free and opensource thats why its homebrew and not commercial programs. Unless he plans on making this commercial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, don't impregnate her +1