ROM Hack Project Pokemon Black 2 & White 2 Translation

soneek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We were able to use our translation of Black & White, along with a matrix to match up exact lines from both games, and replace them with our past translations. That's why Arti was there. Fixed the pBurghcipate stuff now though lol.

stiggums

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i found a new bug for V3.

with more then 8 people in my pal pad. the Wifi trade room gets 2x as many spots. when this happens the names of the people dissapear from the bottom screen. if require can provide picture if what i said makes no sense

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We were able to use our translation of Black & White, along with a matrix to match up exact lines from both games, and replace them with our past translations. That's why Arti was there. Fixed the pBurghcipate stuff now though lol.
@Kaarosu: Just to ask, how exact will the translation version be like the localised version that will be released in October? Also... how much of the dialogue from the 2nd versions is similar or exactly like the original versions?

Edit: these questions are open to soneek or anyone else from Project Pokemon who is involved with the translation, as well.

soneek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i found a new bug for V3.

with more then 8 people in my pal pad. the Wifi trade room gets 2x as many spots. when this happens the names of the people dissapear from the bottom screen. if require can provide picture if what i said makes no sense

Yeah a picture would be great. :blink:

stiggums

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMG_0139.jpg

there is ppl inside but no names

soneek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='Kaarosu']: Just to ask, how exact will the translation version be like the localised version that will be released in October? Also... how much of the dialogue from the 2nd versions is similar or exactly like the original versions?

Edit: these questions are open to soneek or anyone else from Project Pokemon who is involved with the translation, as well.

It won't be as professionally written as an official release would be for the story, but whatever gets translated will stick to the key points.

The only dialogue that's the same as Black & White has to do with random NPCs, and some battle text.

Hyunckel

Undead army captain
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Woot just find out about this one, and it clearly seems much ahead of the other from pokestation. I feel bad for pokestation, but competition is good. If projectpkmn can manage this like they did for the original B & W kudos to them. I'll try this out asap

Thanks for sharing this here Nathan Drake.

MarcSchiffres

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
If someone could confirm this for me, where the "Approximate Percentages" section states that the story is listed at 5%, does this mean that very little of the dialog is actually translated, to such a point that someone who is not fluent in Japanese would not understand what's going on by the time he gets to the first gym?

(confirmations preferably done by quoting)

Hyunckel

Undead army captain
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If someone could confirm this for me, where the "Approximate Percentages" section states that the story is listed at 5%, does this mean that very little of the dialog is actually translated, to such a point that someone who is not fluent in Japanese would not understand what's going on by the time he gets to the first gym?

Yeah a good chunk of the start is translated (not the random npc thouhg)

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
there is ppl inside but no names

That is completely normal, it has been that way since Platinum...
Yeah, the reason there are no names is because you aren't standing in the column with people in it.
Now if you were standing in that column and didn't see any names, that would be different.

MarcSchiffres

Newcomer
Trophies
XP

So, very little past the beginning is actually translated? Is it even worth playing yet?

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

So, very little past the beginning is actually translated? Is it even worth playing yet?
pokemon is a very straightforward easy to figure out kind of game even if you no zero japanese my 13 year old cousin beat white 2 in less than 20 hrs and he doesnt know a damn thing about the japanese language

MarcSchiffres

Newcomer
Trophies
XP

pokemon is a very straightforward easy to figure out kind of game even if you no zero japanese my 13 year old cousin beat white 2 in less than 20 hrs and he doesnt know a damn thing about the japanese language

While I agree with you there, I have always liked to understand the text in every Pokemon game I've played (which includes every non-spinoff). I have always had a soft spot for the plotlines of the main series games, so I like to understand what's going on besides beating the league, especially because I want to know what goes on with the two divided branches of Plasma.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu