ROM Hack Project Pokemon Black 2 & White 2 Translation

D

Deleted-236924

No idea if this has been reported yet but there is a bug in this patch.

In the Plasma ship, you have to enter in a password in a PC to turn off the electrial fence that you need to go though. This patch causes the game to not reconize anything you put in the PC.

Plasma grunts told me 9909 is the password. Put that in with the rom that has this patch and its wrong. Put it in with a clean rom and its right.

Again, idk if this has been reported yet so don't go off on me saying "ITS ALRDY BEEN SAID IN THIS THRED"
Does the text entry dialog let you choose Japanese characters?
And if so, does it allow you to choose fullwidth characters?

Kaarosu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.liquiddeath.com
XP
Country
United States
No idea if this has been reported yet but there is a bug in this patch.

In the Plasma ship, you have to enter in a password in a PC to turn off the electrial fence that you need to go though. This patch causes the game to not reconize anything you put in the PC.

Plasma grunts told me 9909 is the password. Put that in with the rom that has this patch and its wrong. Put it in with a clean rom and its right.

Again, idk if this has been reported yet so don't go off on me saying "ITS ALRDY BEEN SAID IN THIS THRED"
Does the text entry dialog let you choose Japanese characters?
And if so, does it allow you to choose fullwidth characters?
we reverted the file with the passwords on v3 so it should go back to working as intended

eli2112

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, sorry I don't understand how to find the translated game ID from the enDrypt (I got eNDryptS Advanced from the YSMenu extras). I encrypt and decrypt like you say but I don't know where the ID is.

On the "ttdt b4.exe" I'm getting this opening extinfo and infolib (image below) and don't know can I find the clean B&W2 game id there.

-snip-

This are probably pretty newb questions but I'd be very happy if you could hold my hand a bit through it. Sorry for bothering and thanks!

Use the add game function on a cheat editor like r4cce and it will show you the game ID. Use that to find the game ID of the game before/after endrypt.

Example: Mine after using endrypt:

http://img405.images.../1327/r4cce.png

And now adding it on extinfo on ttdt.exe(In this case, I'm editing an entry for Pokemon White that begins with IRDJ, according to r4cce, and changed the rest of the string to match with the ID on r4cce) (Do the same for infolib later):

http://img163.images...3/3915/ttdt.png

Btw, which .dats are you using? The .dats 6.40v1 from 2ch were supposed to have the Game IDs for black/white 2 located on the top of the list by default or did you filter the list?

Thanks a lot, I managed to get it working this way. Awesome! I'm using YSMenu 6.80 dats. Don't know what's 2ch sorry but no, I didn't filter the lists or anything, the Black 2 ID was even below the middle section of the list.

I had trouble with eNDrytS back then, I used r4cce to find the id's
http://filetrip.net/...e-10-f9197.html

Open up r4cce.exe and click "Add Game" Then click the "..." button
Search and find the clean rom and open it with r4cce
The ID (should be twelve characters long) will be beside the "..." button
This is the Game ID for the clean rom, Do the same with the patched rom to obtain it's Game ID. It should be different

After doing this, open up the infolib.dat, click any of the lines under CODE and type the first letter of the clean rom
search for the clean rom's Game ID, when you find it, replace the entire code with the patched rom's Game ID
repeat this with the extinfo.dat file and save. your patched game should play
If you are unable to locate the clean rom's game id in the dat files then you may be able to replace any other game's ID with the patched game. I would say to simply replace a006-2eb804f6 with your patched rom's ID, it should work just as well.

----------

Alternatively, if you haven't already, updating your firmware with retrogamefan's latest update should fix the problems you're having.
http://filetrip.net/...680-f29525.html

I believe you simply replace your firmware's files with the updated ones, but I don't know. I wouldn't be able to help you past here, however I'm sure the download has instructions inside. :) Good luck

Thank you too! Got it working with the previous comment, I managed to figure it out, but your comment was very specific so thanks.

CharmingLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this patch include the 2CH Patch and can I repatch the ROM while I still have a save when a new patch comes out?

Yes it has the 2CH patch, and every time it updates you need to patch it with a clean rom NOT the same one. Also the save file works with all of them you just have to rename the save file to match the .nds file.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
First post updated with:
V3 patches link
V3 change log
Needed flash cart compatibility info, including the modified DATs for YSMenu

For those that don't really check the change log, do know that through Route 19, the main story is translated.

To note, I will shortly be adding the approximate percentages of completion to the first post, now that I see them on the main topic over on Project Pokemon. I know some of you love to see that stuff, so I figure I shouldn't leave it out.

metal01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bulbapedia has an article saying the games come out Oct 7th, in the US and the 12th in Europe, and confirms a couple english names. Which I posted at the bottom not sure if I shoulda used a spoiler box but I've never used one before and this was easier haha.

http://bulbanews.bul..._date_confirmed

The North American release date of the upcoming Pokémon Black and White Versions 2 has been revealed to be Oct. 7, 2012 and in Europe on Oct. 12, 2012. The Pokémon Dream Radar will also be released on this day.
In addition, the English names of several features and characters have been revealed. Shizui is called Marlon, Hue is called Hugh, and Pokéwood is called Pokéstar Studios.

New English names
Image Japanese English Shizui Marlon Hue Hugh Pokéwood Pokéstar Studios

Kaarosu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.liquiddeath.com
XP
Country
United States
We're trying to see if we can figure out a fix for all of you guys still having issues with v3(r4/dstt users I think??) so bear with it for now. Or just use desmume if you can't wait.

@metal01 I believe soneek already fixed to those localized names for v3

Working Dats v3: http://www.mediafire.com/?2dulpiy4431sj13

Hazard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Found one spelling mistake once I first playing the game.

While talking with Mum, she said "I almost forgot! The should be an Xtransceiver in your bag." It should be: ""I almost forgot! There should be an Xtransceiver in your bag."

Also she spoken Japanese in the last few sentence after asking if I know how to open the bag.

Spelling mistake No 2: Once Bianca took you inside the Pokemon Center she said "I'll give you a quic tour of the Pokemon Center!" The K is missing on quick.

Spelling mistake No 3: Bianca show you the PC. "Here is the PC! very trainer can use it." Should be "Many trainer can use it" or somthing.

EvilMag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wat.png

Whats this all about?

Unagi

A disgrace to his famiry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Note that the missing letters are "Arti" and there's a gym leader named arti. My guess is that in the translation it just changed it to the localized name.

Nero2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Note that the missing letters are "Arti" and there's a gym leader named arti. My guess is that in the translation it just changed it to the localized name.
There is no gym leader called Atri. It's Burgh. Arti is what happens when you use google translate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-