problems with some games loading

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by smellyfungus, Dec 10, 2009.

1. smellyfungus
    OP

smellyfungus Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2009
    United States
    hello,

my acekards been working fine, even played a few games this morning.
    i updated my loaders today, updated cheat database and then added a couple games.
    played layton and the diabolical box fine. tried to load apollo justice and it got stuck on loading screen with blue letters.
    tested random games. a couple worked and couple didnt.

backed up all files. reformatted with panasonic formater. redownloaded akaio 1.5 and loaders.

updated everything.

tried to play apollo, no go. layton still worked.

i didnt use cheats on any of them. i dont have old loaders since i overwrote it so i cant confirm thats the issue.

also i noticed when i changed skins today it got stuck on loading instead of resetting. but once i reset the new skin i chose was there.

can anyone help?

---
    confirmed it was issues with loader. dont know how to lock topic but will wait to see if next loaders cause same issues.
    ---

confirmed issues

2. XWolf

XWolf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 9, 2009
    1. Have you tried a completely different microSD card?

2. Have you tried the paper trick (small piece of paper between the microSD (non-contact side of the card) and the slot in the Acekard (solved mine).

3. FirstDuke

FirstDuke Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2009
    Malaysia
    Malaysia
    if the following is not working try download the rom once more, sum time the file might be corrupted

4. smellyfungus
    OP

smellyfungus Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2009
    United States
    im already using the paper trick.

i just tried another card, i didnt copy everything over cause its a 4gb and my normal card is an 8g.

everything works fine again.

is it more likely that my 8gb cards going bad (ive only had it for a few months) or is there any chance that there's a file on there thats screwing things up?

i just find it weird on the 8gb that certain games do work and certain ones fail.

5. House Spider

House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Banned
    Apr 25, 2009
    Dundalk
    Moonshell2 has a disk check if you think there is a currupt file and formatting can help.