Hacking Problems with Homebrew

Modified_Doll

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so a few days ago I had soft modded my Wii and have been playing a couple of GC and Wii ISO's without any problems. Today I go to the Homebrew channel and it froze for a few seconds than starting spazzing out. The list of applications was flashing in and out of view. The background was fine the bubbles keep moving up and they were poppable. When I moved the cursor over any of the apps and pressed A none of them were responsive just kept flashing.This kept happening any time I started the channel. I ended up uninstalling the channel with letterbomb and reformatted the sd card. I went to hackmii and redid the letterbomb process, copied it over etc. Re-installed HB C and whenever I start it, the same thing keeps happening now with the main menu with back, about, launch bootmii etc flashes into view really fast. I can move the cursor and pop bubbles and this time as I move the cursor over the menu options they highlight and when I press A whatever options open and are fine. No flashing or anything. :blink:

Any help, ideas, or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Also, I am using a MicroSD card even though most guides said it would not work. It was all I had, so I thought I would try it for shits and giggles basically. It has worked beautifully so far until today, so I'm not sure if that actually has anything to do with it. :P

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I never heared of such a behavour. It almost sounds like the hbc is constantly seeing a keypress. Have you tried it with another wiimote or controller?
Maybe you could try the homebrew filter as an alternative?

KTBMedia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The bubbles were....poppable?

It is important that you follow tutorials as carefully as possible. If the channel layout itself is fine, and the only thing glitching is the SD card contents, then the problem most likely has to do with the SD card settings. Just backup your files on the SD card somewhere, format it and set it to FAT32 (It HAS to be FAT32) and try it again.

And if THAT doesn't work, then just delete all your SD card files, uninstall the homebrew channel and/or format your entire Wii (most likely that last one won't be required) and try it all over again using this tutorial:

http://www.gamerheist.com/2013/07/learn-to-hack-your-wii.html

Do NOT stray from the instructions, skip a step, or complete only part of it. Completing this tutorial will ensure that all apps will run properly, and prevent your Wii from being permanently bricked.

One last thing: If you ever downgrade or upgrade your Wii, make sure you re-install priiloader before you do anything that could risk your Wii getting bricked; I learned the hard way.

Modified_Doll

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far it seems that it was just an issue with the wiimote I was using. I had copied the contents of the sd card before reformatting. When I changed controllers it stopped glitching out at the menu, so I moved all the apps and everything back over and resumed playing all ISO's without any problems :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8