Gaming Problems with Band Hero Wii Drum Kit

Toughschmidt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Activision is replacing my Band Hero Drum kit because basically right out of the box the drum pads were randomly not registering hits. First noticed it trying to do a long drum roll on the red pad. Tested in both Guitar Hero and Rock Band games and experienced the same problem, even after getting the MIDI USB adapter and shifting the sensitivity.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I'm hoping that I just got one bad item off the production line, and they're not all bad like with first shipments of other game peripherals, because then this first warranty exchange would just be a waste of time.

I got these drums because the cymbals are a hell of a lot more durable than the original Guitar Hero World Tour drums, and they have the best compatibility for Wii--everything except Rock Band 1.

Maurice10

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got the same problem. The cymbals work awesome, but the red pad does doublehits and fail-registers at the same time. (Obviously not on the same hit)
I also started the replacement process yesterday.
Maybe I'm a little nitpicking but man, I paid 143€ for it.

Also did you notice problems in Rockband 2? I'm not sure it's quite 100% compitable. I had even bigger problems in Lego Rockband.

Toughschmidt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problems I noticed in Rockband 2 and Lego Rockband were just to the extent of not registering hits, as far as I know. I wasn't really troubleshooting for anything else. I kept checking calibration, but just figured that in the end all the problems were the pads missing the notes. At times I felt like the tempo was off compared to what I was used to with the PS3 version, but that too could be explained by missing hits. What other problems were you noticing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-