Problem with SDLMAME

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by .Eric, Jun 7, 2008.

Jun 7, 2008

Problem with SDLMAME by .Eric at 11:13 PM (1,536 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. .Eric
    OP

Newcomer .Eric Member

United States
    I am trying to load SDLMAME using either the twilight hack or the Homebrew Channel (beta 8) and after the game loads (The Simpsons) I see a yellowish screen and then my wii restarts. I read somewhere that I need to put a bios on the SD Card? Can anyone explain more info about this because everything has been pretty vague that I have found regarding SDLMAME. I am new to homebrew, so i'm sorry if this is a stupid mistake :x

2. link459

Member link459 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yeah, mine restarts as well. [​IMG] Don't know what causes it, but would love a fix..

3. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    If I remember correctly, The Simpsons doesn't require any bios. Try the game in MAME for PC, and see if it works there. You might have got an old/bad romset [​IMG]

If that's the case, just get it from another source [​IMG]

4. .Eric
    OP

Newcomer .Eric Member

United States
    I thought it was that, and I tried 3 roms from different places... [​IMG] I think its something I am doing, because youtube has a video of people playing it and I found posts of people reporting Simpsons working perfectly.

5. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Strange, I haven't personally tested SDLMAME on Wii, but the normal MAME doesn't require you any special setting to make The Simpsons work...

Sooo... Generic advices next [​IMG]
    Be sure to use the latest SDLMAME version, and try an older version. Maybe the author accidentally broke the support for The Simpsons while doing the new version [​IMG]

EDIT: Remember, the correct romset to use is simpsons. The other romsets will require simpsons to be in the same dir before they work [​IMG]
    EDIT 2: Just tested the simpsons on my MAME Plus! .123 for Windows. Works great. So it must be something specific to SDLMAME.

6. .Eric
    OP

Newcomer .Eric Member

United States
    what do you mean? to have it named simpsons.zip? Thats what I have it, and it finds and writes information about Simpsons, just doesn't load correctly... I'll keep trying... Thanks for your help [​IMG]

Also, I tried using Nintendo branded component cables and an off brand of composite cables, could that effect anything?

7. link459

Member link459 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Bump because I still can't play any MAME games on SDL MAME.

Anybody else have some advice?

8. abort_user

Newcomer abort_user Member

United States
    yeah, i cant even play the simpsons. in fact, that was the first game i tried. i dont get an error though. mine just says "Initializing..." and stops working. ive tried both versions unless there are more.