Hacking Problem with SDLMAME

.Eric

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to load SDLMAME using either the twilight hack or the Homebrew Channel (beta 8) and after the game loads (The Simpsons) I see a yellowish screen and then my wii restarts. I read somewhere that I need to put a bios on the SD Card? Can anyone explain more info about this because everything has been pretty vague that I have found regarding SDLMAME. I am new to homebrew, so i'm sorry if this is a stupid mistake :x

link459

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, mine restarts as well.
frown.gif
Don't know what causes it, but would love a fix..

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
.Eric said:
I am trying to load SDLMAME using either the twilight hack or the Homebrew Channel (beta 8) and after the game loads (The Simpsons) I see a yellowish screen and then my wii restarts. I read somewhere that I need to put a bios on the SD Card? Can anyone explain more info about this because everything has been pretty vague that I have found regarding SDLMAME. I am new to homebrew, so i'm sorry if this is a stupid mistake :x
If I remember correctly, The Simpsons doesn't require any bios. Try the game in MAME for PC, and see if it works there. You might have got an old/bad romset
smile.gif

If that's the case, just get it from another source
wink.gif

.Eric

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
.Eric said:
If I remember correctly, The Simpsons doesn't require any bios. Try the game in MAME for PC, and see if it works there. You might have got an old/bad romset
smile.gif

wink.gif

I thought it was that, and I tried 3 roms from different places...
frown.gif
I think its something I am doing, because youtube has a video of people playing it and I found posts of people reporting Simpsons working perfectly.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
.Eric said:
raulpica said:
.Eric said:
smile.gif

wink.gif

frown.gif
I think its something I am doing, because youtube has a video of people playing it and I found posts of people reporting Simpsons working perfectly.
Strange, I haven't personally tested SDLMAME on Wii, but the normal MAME doesn't require you any special setting to make The Simpsons work...

Sooo... Generic advices next
ph34r.gif

Be sure to use the latest SDLMAME version, and try an older version. Maybe the author accidentally broke the support for The Simpsons while doing the new version
smile.gif

EDIT: Remember, the correct romset to use is simpsons. The other romsets will require simpsons to be in the same dir before they work
smile.gif

EDIT 2: Just tested the simpsons on my MAME Plus! .123 for Windows. Works great. So it must be something specific to SDLMAME.

.Eric

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
.Eric said:
raulpica said:
.Eric said:
smile.gif

wink.gif

frown.gif
Strange, I haven't personally tested SDLMAME on Wii, but the normal MAME doesn't require you any special setting to make The Simpsons work...

Sooo... Generic advices next
ph34r.gif

Be sure to use the latest SDLMAME version, and try an older version. Maybe the author accidentally broke the support for The Simpsons while doing the new version
smile.gif

EDIT: Remember, the correct romset to use is simpsons. The other romsets will require simpsons to be in the same dir before they work
smile.gif

EDIT 2: Just tested the simpsons on my MAME Plus! .123 for Windows. Works great. So it must be something specific to SDLMAME.

what do you mean? to have it named simpsons.zip? Thats what I have it, and it finds and writes information about Simpsons, just doesn't load correctly... I'll keep trying... Thanks for your help
smile.gif

Also, I tried using Nintendo branded component cables and an off brand of composite cables, could that effect anything?

abort_user

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, i cant even play the simpsons. in fact, that was the first game i tried. i dont get an error though. mine just says "Initializing..." and stops working. ive tried both versions unless there are more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O i3? o........................................k
    Both of mine are i5's lol
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their...