Problem with my new Kingston TF

Thomas46

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I bought a 2GB Kingston Japan TF card and I wanted to test my cards speed and check to make sure it was working fine before my R4 gets shipped to me...

My problem is that when I first got the memory card it came formatted in FAT (and I've read that most people seem to have it in FAT32). So I tried to format it into FAT32 on my PC but after I did that and checked the properties it showed it as 959MB free space and 960MB used????? During the format it goes really slow (like possibly 5-10mins) up to the halfway point, and then it finishes the other half in less than 1-2 seconds? (the first time I tried this I put the Volume Label as "Kingston Japan" and it said Volume Label is not valid. Please enter a valid label... just in case that might mean something). There is absolutely nothing on the card so I'm not sure what is going on?

I then tried doing a quick format FAT32 (and FAT) and when that finished it seemed to clear up most of it except for 4KB of space still used? So I can't figure out what the 4KB is for either?? Can someone help me with this because I am really frustrated and don't know what the problem is.
hate2.gif

Another note to this (possibly a separate problem) is that when I start HD Tach and click on the card it only shows up as 1GB (even when it says 1.87GB in it's properties)?? Which this only adds to the massive headache I'm getting from this... PLEASE HELP ME.
wacko.gif

Thomas46

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So today I (full) formatted the TF card on my Vista laptop and it seems to format all the way through at a constant speed and shows 1.87GB.

But I still had a question about why there is a 4KB section used on my card? From searching online, it seems that this might be normal when formatting it in FAT32... Is that correct? Can anyone enlighten me on what this 4KB is? Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That sick boy yo