Hacking Problem with EZ4 for the GBA SP not booting up

snipes634

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone I haven't used my EZ4 or gameboy in soooo long and I decided to play it today and I have the latest firmware. I put my EZ4 cart in my GBA SP and it did the Gameboy animation. But right under that where it's supposed to say nintendo, it has a bunch of scribbly squares and the EZ4 doesnt even load up. So basically the GBA SP isn't correctly reading my EZ4 I guess? Idk, but does anyone know how to fix this?

oxenh

The most unknown member of GBAtemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
mm how about clean the catridge contacts of your gba?
i have the same insure with my old gba

JakePsycho

gold~king~house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
snipes634 said:
Hi everyone I haven't used my EZ4 or gameboy in soooo long and I decided to play it today and I have the latest firmware. I put my EZ4 cart in my GBA SP and it did the Gameboy animation. But right under that where it's supposed to say nintendo, it has a bunch of scribbly squares and the EZ4 doesnt even load up. So basically the GBA SP isn't correctly reading my EZ4 I guess? Idk, but does anyone know how to fix this?

Have you tried blowing into the cartridge? That always works for me
biggrin.gif

D

Deleted-236924

snipes634 said:
i cant really reach inside. is it safe to unscrew the cartridge and clean it that way?
I opened mine to check what kind of battery it was using, and I had trouble putting it back together properly.
But it did work fine after I finally managed to put it back together.

Just make sure you don't accidentally break something on the PCB while opening it or while closing it.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
You DO NOT have to open it up to clean the contacts.

They are the golden "bars" in the bottom of the cart, try cleaning them with a SMALL amount of rubbing alcohol (NOT I REPEAT NOOOT HYDROGEN PEROXIDE) on a Qtip.

If it is too moist the alcohol can seep into the cart so do it with the cart vertical top down and with very, very small amounts of the fluid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o