Problem with EZ-Flash

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by cyphervld, Feb 18, 2008.

1. cyphervld
    OP

cyphervld Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2008
    Romania
    Hello! I jus got a R4DS and a ez-flash gba ram-rumble expansion, and the expansion doesn't seem to be working.. i tried ds opera and metroid prime pinball and it doesn't work neither as RAM or rumble. When I inserted it without the R4 an d started the ds, it said "There is no GBA pack inserted.." does that mean it's broken or am I doing something wrong? [​IMG]

2. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    You need to use third-party software to make use of the 3in1's functions from your R4. Look into GBA ExpLoader by Rudolph.

3. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    This means that the DS is not detecting the 3-in-1 at all. It should detect it as a GBA game pak or an option pak. Either the contacts are dirty, or the 3-in-1 is defective.

4. Minox

Minox Spytech Employee

Supervisor
    Aug 27, 2007
    Sweden
    It doesn't have to broken since he haven't loaded any gba-games to it,.

5. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    If no game is flashed to NOR the 3-in-1 should be detected as an option pak. If a GBA game is flashed to NOR it should be detected as a GBA game pak.

If the DS says there is no cart inserted while the 3-in-1 is plugged into slot 2, there is a problem.

6. sjones900

sjones900 GBAtemp Advanced Member

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    TX
  7. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    GBA ExpLoader also has support for the newer chipsets. However, I believe Destructobot is right in that the issue is with the DS not detecting the cartridge at all.