sebast2600

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I have a problem with Iridion II and the EZ 3 in 1 expansion pack. The game keep freezing on the first boss. I have tried the 4 following roms, and the game always freezes:

1010 - Iridion II (E) (M3) (4ABBC202) (Hacked)
1010 - Iridion II (E) (M3) (57930C6A) (Clean)
1010 - Iridion II (E) (M3) (627325C0) (Cracked)
1009 - Iridion II (U) (DD8A7104) (???)

I have also tried two other games and they are working very well, but Iridion II does not. I'm a bit disapointed, I thought the compatibility was 100%
frown.gif
(I have also tried to load the game in the NOR instead of the PSRAM, but the freezes are still there)

Anybody has the same problem with Iridion II? Could somebody confirm this, and is there an ips patch to fix the freeze? I also read that many emulators had the same problem in the past with this game, but that's solved now (maybe some hacks applied by the emu?). If so, how to apply the same hacks to get this rom working on the EZ 3 in 1?

Thanks,
Seb

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I assume you mean the canyon level when you refer to the first level. I played through that level just now on the easy difficulty in story mode, and it did not crash on me. I'm using GBA ExpLoader v0.4 right now, but I've also played through that level with the 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool without it crashing at the boss. My slot 1 cart is an M3 Simply, but that shouldn't make any difference.

The rom I have is named "1009 - Iridion II (U)(Mugs).gba", and the CRC32 is 1A992D7C.

If that's not the level you were talking about, or if you were playing a different mode or difficulty, please specify the details and I'll test it again.

sebast2600

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Destructobot,

Thank you very much for your reply. The level I was refering to is indeed the canyon level, and my slot-1 card is an R4DS. And as you pointed out, the rom "1009 - Iridion II (U)(Mugs).gba" with a CRC32 equal to 1A992D7C is indeed the right rom. It works very well and does not freeze at all
smile.gif
. The problem I had was because I used the clean, unaltered, USA rom. You can use the following IPS patch to convert your rom to the original one if you want to check what I meant:

http://arcvoreppin.free.fr/ips/ips/1009%20...%20DD8A7104.zip

Now the funny thing is that your rom is listed as garbage (Bad rom) in GoodGBA:

Iridion II (U) [!] (DD8A7104) (freeze)
Iridion II (U) [b1] (1A992D7C) (does NOT freeze)
Iridion II (U) [f1]
Iridion II (U) [t1]

All the IPS patches I found on internet were made to convert the "Bad" rom (which works) to the clean rom (which does not work). It seems all those rom collectors, no-intro'ers, and pokeroms are more interested in having a nice and full collection of original/unaltered roms (which they never play with), than having a few roms they can play with on the real hardware. I will never understand this.

Anyway, if anybody wants to convert their clean Iridion II rom to the "Bad" rom that works with the EZ 3-in-1 expansion pack, feel free to contact me to get the IPS patch I created (10 KB zipped). On the other hand, I would also really enjoy if somebody could tell me which Iridion II (Euro) rom works with the EZ 3-in-1 expansion pack. Below is the GoodGBA list (I don't know yet what are the bad roms, since GoodGBA does not list them until you have them):

Iridion II (E) (M3) [f1] (627325C0) (freeze)
Iridion II (E) (M3) [f2]
Iridion II (E) (M3) [hIRff]
Iridion II (E) (M3) [hIR][f1]
Iridion II (E) (M3) [hIR] (4ABBC202) (freeze)
Iridion II (E) (M3) [hI]
Iridion II (E) (M3) (57930C6A) (freeze)

Thanks,
Seb

sebast2600

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Here is a little update to this thread. Below is a list of Iridion II (E) roms which work (or not) with the EZ 3 in 1:

1010 - Iridion II (E) (M3) [f1] (627325C0) (freeze)
1010 - Iridion II (E) (M3) [f2] (not tested)
1010 - Iridion II (E) (M3) [hIRff] (F4F31166) (freeze)
1010 - Iridion II (E) (M3) [hIR][f1] (43B815AC) (does NOT freeze, no Intro)
1010 - Iridion II (E) (M3) [hIR] (4ABBC202) (freeze)
1010 - Iridion II (E) (M3) [hI] (437519A2) (does NOT freeze, Eurasia Release with Intro)
1010 - Iridion II (E) (M3) (57930C6A) (freeze, Clean Rom)

Seb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*