Hacking Problem reading EZ flash 3-in-1

seventhsage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my R4 along with the EZ Flash 3-in-1 about three years ago. It worked perfectly during the time (about 6 months) when I used the built in firmware. (I loaded games on it with gbaexploader). I switched to YSMENU and used it to manage games itself. Again, no major problems, but I switched back to using GBAexploder because I didn't like the way Ysmenu handled save files. I then switched to WoodR4, I heard it manages GBA games quite well. I found that when I tried to load a gba game straight from the firmware, it completely ignored me, like I didn't even have a slot 2 device. I then put GBAexploder on the card and used it. When it loads, i get the message:

SLOT 2 DEVICE NOT FOUND, PRESS (a) TO REDO FROM START.

The device is clearly there, and the system can reognize it, because when I boot the DS normally, without my R4 in the slot, it recognizes the 3-in-1 as a gba game (it contains tactics ogre - knights of lodis). I just want to clear what's on the card, as I suspect there was a copying error from when I was using ysmenu. I now use woodR4, and even when I just select the game directly, without using gbaexploder, nothing happens. I just want to know if there is any way to format the slot 2 device, perhaps a tool you can use from the slot 1 device. I think that if I remove the data (obviously corrupted) on the card now, it will work, but I just don't know how to do that... I may need to get a new card, but I'd like to try anything else I can first...

seventhsage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
k, now I know. Lesson learned I guess. Is there anyway to clear what's on there or am i just up the proverbial creek? I'd rather not buy another one, I just want it so i can get a portable fire emblem 6 for the most part, but knights of lodis and the golden suns occasionally make an appearance.

any help appreciated... please?

can i, for example, put ysmenu back on and use it to clear the old data out? would I then need to stick with YSMENU after that?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Use the SRAM test program to erase the contents on the 3in1. You can ignore the results from the SRAM test, the only thing your interested in the SRAM test is the ability to erase both the SRAM memory areas for PSRAM and NOR.

If you don't have backup copies of your saves for YSMENU, your probably going to have to start all over.

Use the first link in sig to get to the SRAM test program.

seventhsage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks muchly. I'll try it this evening and let you know how it goes. I posted this topic on several sites and this one is the only one that got any meaningful response (most others got things like "that sucks, buy another one") and the like. Thanks for the help, it's greatly appreciated

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D