Hardware prob. getting a micro soon.

yayforwii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For quick on the go gaming. The ds is kinda big for playing during school lectures for my 4 hour class on visual basic.( i already know it lol) So. I need something other than a ds because my phat is to big
tongue.gif
Getting a micro causes it cute and small and such.

Name me a good flashcard to get for it.
It doesn't need ds support.

I have a supercard which is bad for GBA =\

yayforwii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i could probably get my hands on the older cards.

Hows the Xg 2600? lol My friend will give me it for free.
and that x-rom?

housemonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went with the EZIV mini SD and I really couldnt be happier. I got a the mini SD card for it for 10 bucks and pretty much fit every GBA game I needed on it...

And pretty much the same as you, I bought it stricktly to use with my GBA micro as I am already set with what I need for the DSL.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
First of all, I am really loving my Micro (just got it a few days ago.) The screen is bright and sharp and totally readable. The handling of it is taking a little getting used to, especially the shoulder buttons, but I'm getting there.

My solution as far as a kit for it, was to buy a G6 Real for my DS, and use my trusty G6 Lite for just GBA games. I was a little worried it wouldn't work, but it's just fine, and holds all my faves with room to spare.

Is the Supercard really that bad at GBA? I mean, a lot of folks think a card sucks if it doesn't do 100%, even if the games it falters on aren't games you really want to play. So is the Supercard really bad, or just bad in comparison?
If the EZ is cheap and gettable, I'd get it, but I was just curious about the Supercard thing.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mthrnite, the supercard has what I would rate "good" compatibility.

I have played many GBA games on my supercard, and 4 had severe slowdowns, a lot had small slowdowns but still playable, and 3 did not boot.

disc0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a g6 lite 8gbit for my DS, but later upgraded to an R4DS for better compatibility and tf card expansion. Now I've got my g6 loaded up with just about every game I could possibly want for GBA, sitting in my GB Micro, which I carry with me just about everywhere. It's really wonderful. Just be sure to pick up some extra faceplates if you see them; carrying the micro around in your pocket with keys or whatever will get it scratched up pretty quickly.

Last I checked, dealextreme had the g6 4gbit in stock for $45 USD. Might be your best bet.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm still using my "old" EZFlash II 512mb and it always worked like a charm, but there's no more update on the software or on the roms names list... but hey all games are still playable!

Hmm I was trying to find one of these. I don't like keeping lots of games on a card at once since I won't play them in the end. I heard the load times were really good

titoboy666

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
mouseonmars.dev-fr.org
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm I was trying to find one of these. I don't like keeping lots of games on a card at once since I won't play them in the end. I heard the load times were really good
Never had any problem with load times, in fact they must be good since I never really noticed them
wink.gif
Too bad EZFlash Team has dropped support for this cart long ago...
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning