Wow I leave for a few days and look what happens lol
tongue.gif
You Own Wiigator lol ^^

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i never really looked into this that much because i always read gamecube is for modded wii's only at one time but i always hoped this would happen for a soft modded wii.now once this really comes out there will be no reason to get a modded wii.i'm guessing that right now because for some people a modded wii is worth it but i'm not good at modding so i'll wait for this.

EDIT:
i still have to read the post before me but is there a version to test out because i noticed they put this thread on February 1 and it's almost a week that they said they would put a version to test out and i did notice mios links.
so i may have done an early post without knowing the full info on this.

cr08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fst312 said:
i never really looked into this that much because i always read gamecube is for modded wii's only at one time

Don't know who fed you this load of garbage. The Wii is completely backwards compatible with gamecube games, modded or not. Just look in your owners manual for the console. Original pressed gamecube discs play fine without any modifications to the console. It's those that have been copied/backed up that need either a modchip or this softmod loader to run.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fst312 said:
i never really looked into this that much because i always read gamecube is for modded wii's only at one time but i always hoped this would happen for a soft modded wii.now once this really comes out there will be no reason to get a modded wii.i'm guessing that right now because for some people a modded wii is worth it but i'm not good at modding so i'll wait for this.

EDIT:
i still have to read the post before me but is there a version to test out because i noticed they put this thread on February 1 and it's almost a week that they said they would put a version to test out and i did notice mios links.
so i may have done an early post without knowing the full info on this.

To your "EDIT" No there isn't a version out. Just the MIOS. Wiigator said He'd like to release a version this week, Which leaves him two more days assuming its Friday where he is at.
Just be patient it will come.

Also, The Wii can play Original Gamecube games just fine. [ if you read the manual it states that] It's Backed up/Burned games the Wii cant read without a Modchip or this upcoming Loader.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cr08 said:
fst312 said:
i never really looked into this that much because i always read gamecube is for modded wii's only at one time

Don't know who fed you this load of garbage. The Wii is completely backwards compatible with gamecube games, modded or not. Just look in your owners manual for the console. Original pressed gamecube discs play fine without any modifications to the console. It's those that have been copied/backed up that need either a modchip or this softmod loader to run.

i was talking about burned gamecube games sorry i forgot to mention that.i already know my other games work on it that i bought.

mjavado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If I've understood this all well, we all soon will be playing GC backups, but a few things need to be done;
Download roms, burn 'em, easy part, afterwards: install MIOS, so we have the wii operating system IOS, custom wii operating system cIOS, and GC operating system MIOS. Then, install GC backup launcher, and play games though disk channel.
However, these games need to be burnt at one disk at a time (unless you've got a multigame disk), which is actually throwing away a second disk, because two or more games will fit a DVD5...
just summarising, no complaining.

Dit I understand it well, or did I forget something or misread something in this LOOONG thread?

@WiiGator and Waninkoko:
You're my (moneysaving) heroes!!!

mjavado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
EDIT: there's a program that is said to make a disk with a bootable gc iso, containing multiple games... Will that work?

mjavado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it's not really a romsite I thought... sorry (yes I know, naïve... But still, the program described over there looked promising...)
I see now you can also download torrents...

But still, anyone knows if there's any way to make something like that possible, so to burn multiple games on a DVD and select the one you'd like to boot?

kiba93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you want a game just buy it(the honest but costing way )
rolleyes.gif
or type the game you want in google EX"iso gameyouwanttodownload" (the cheap but illegal way)
evil.gif

Joesalad21

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Mrkinator said:
Sstew said:
Mrkinator said:
Unless I did something wrong, Metal Gear Solid doesn't work. It either stops at the Konami logo, or it shows the konami logo and the it says "an error has occurred"
frown.gif

Oh sweet your a tester?

What media were you using? and what speed?
Memorex at auto max on imgburn. (which burns at about 1.5-2.0x)

These discs have worked perfectly wii games, so it's probably the game
frown.gif

I have some fujifilms I got from a friend but I haven't opened them up yet.

You should always choose the lowest speed available for burning games. It may take a little longer but it gets the job done. And if I remember correctly, ImgBurn lets you select 1x speed.

Snave2008

Trophies
Website
www.completelyfreewii.com
XP
Country
Joesalad21 said:
Mrkinator said:
Sstew said:
Mrkinator said:
Unless I did something wrong, Metal Gear Solid doesn't work. It either stops at the Konami logo, or it shows the konami logo and the it says "an error has occurred"
frown.gif

Oh sweet your a tester?

frown.gif

You should always choose the lowest speed available for burning games. It may take a little longer but it gets the job done. And if I remember correctly, ImgBurn lets you select 1x speed.

I've always burnt at the highest speed the disk will allow (either 8x or 16x) and never experienced any problems. I think there's a lot of other people on here that would agree also.

pspblender

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Whats the program used to make GC games multiboot?
and when is this for release?
Its 10:00PM here in London (GMT+0 FTW!)
its boring i cant w8 4 dis

need 7 pounds to get controller and memorycard of frend

*Coughs*WOOHOOO*coughs* lol

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pspblender said:
Whats the program used to make GC games multiboot?
and when is this for release?
Its 10:00PM here in London (GMT+0 FTW!)
its boring i cant w8 4 dis

need 7 pounds to get controller and memorycard of frend

*Coughs*WOOHOOO*coughs* lol

Stop asking for the release!, He said this week. Just please be patient.

cr08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snave2008 said:
Joesalad21 said:
Mrkinator said:
Sstew said:
Mrkinator said:
frown.gif

Oh sweet your a tester?

frown.gif

I've always burnt at the highest speed the disk will allow (either 8x or 16x) and never experienced any problems. I think there's a lot of other people on here that would agree also.

Actually, there is a fine line between of what speed you can burn without overwhelming the hard drive. For example on my system, 6x is about the absolute maximum I can burn dvd's without causing the buffer to constantly drop out. While most dries nowadays have decent buffer underrun protection schemes, I find it an extra layer of safety to keep the burn speed a notch or two below what the maximum transfer rate your hard drive can support. I usually burn mine at 4x wich is the next speed below 6x and have never had an issues.

Also, while imgurn will 'allow' 1x, the drive will be the ultimate limitation. Most recent drives no longer allow 1x burn speeds either on cd's or dvd's.

Ozz465

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mrkinator said:
@goku1918

Yes, I am and it works with softmii
biggrin.gif

As for the multi disc program, I would like to hear more of this. Maybe It will get Metal Gear to work...
Same here,,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0