Hacking preloader or priiloader?

farcry15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so now i need to either install preloader or preloader but which to choose? .29 Jodi .30 or priiloader? which is the most stable version and least likely to cause a brick if installation goes wrong?

edit: stop suggesting bootmii, it's a lu64+ why else would i be asking which is better and less likely to brick?

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I suggest getting Priiloader, as it is more recent and it will continue to receive updates. All of them have an equal, slim chance of bricking.

farcry15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've heard priiloader has problems with remotes not syncing, is that still the case?

oh and when i install it can i change the five second delay to boot faster?

oneleggedjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bootmii w/Priiloader
lecture.gif

farcry15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow, that was a little bit insulting...
i meant where can i find the aforementioned HAXX to JODI forwarder?

farcry15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so will .29 install on 4.2? i thought it installs to ios60 which is a stub. or does it check for ios70?

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't install a boot2...I hate bootmii booting up. I just use bootmii IOS & priiloader v.3 with USB GX as my autoboot....Wii menu sucks.

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh....priiloader is just as good either way
wink.gif
I've never been dumb enough to screw my wii up enough to need a boot2. Priiloader is the most I'll ever need....I'd have to start clicking with my eyes closed to mess my Wii up that severely
tongue.gif
And even then, I've still got bootmii IOS so I can install a backup nand
smile.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
While i understand what u r saying, u should be careful... it sounds as if u r telling people who are able to install bootmii as boot2, not to do so... and that is BAD ADVICE!

i must stress, if u (any1) are able to install bootmii as boot2, DO IT, it is the ultimate in brick protection, a million times safer that priiloader+bootmii IOS.

now having said that, if u cannot install bootmii as boot2, if u have bootmii as ios and priiloader, u are safe as long as u dont F*** around with ur system menu, or your system menu IOS.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
bula said:
xflak40 said:
rev 41 and rev 43 of priiloader available here

I posted 45 in priiloader thread as well.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=187...0&start=450

rev 45 removed the magicword compatability, in other words, after rev 45 u cannot access priiloader with a shortcut homebrew or system menu channel. Daco is reversing so I prefer rev 43 for now. also an official release wont be far away (as said by daco himself on the google code website)

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lightyear said:
I don't install a boot2...I hate bootmii booting up. I just use bootmii IOS & priiloader v.3 with USB GX as my autoboot....Wii menu sucks.
This is not a good advice but anyway after you backed-up your NAND rename sd\bootmii dir as bootmii_later (just an i.e.) and will not show up at start-up but in a case of brick you can rename it back to bootmii and restore your NAND.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
bula said:
xflak40 said:
rev 41 and rev 43 of priiloader available here

I posted 45 in priiloader thread as well.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=187...0&start=450

rev 45 removed the magicword compatability, in other words, after rev 45 u cannot access priiloader with a shortcut homebrew or system menu channel. Daco is reversing so I prefer rev 43 for now. also an official release wont be far away (as said by daco himself on the google code website)

I am not using a priiloader SMC. 45 fixed some issues that I had with 43.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
what issues were u having with rev 43??

I just realized that I did not use rev43 because Daco posted "if you want a unstable priiloader, go for it!" in Priiloader thread. My problem was in 42 on booting to SM after hacks were modified in priiloader menue but worked fine after first reset. Have you try changing hacks and then start SM from Priiloaderin 43?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.