Hacking [Pre-release, WIP] Yet another rxTools?

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
i AM using luma, it's just that i LOVED the fact that with rxtools everything was in one menu, and i didn't needed any button combo or homebrew launcher stuff to use a tool
>hold L on boot to access rxMenu for tools
>hold A on boot or whatever to access ctrbootmanager9 and access any tool from there
???

duke_srg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Yes, but when one of the options uses objectively inferior libraries (such as rxTools's tools, which are infamous for breaking and/or fragmenting NAND) I'm going to call it out.
Please stop arguing, current version have NAND tools refactored completely, I.e. rewritten fully with no hardcoded parameters, clear and understandable .

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
A bit busy at work right now, next step finish app injection so it would be fully functional refactored original version.
Nice! I didn't think this was the only thing left of the tools to be refactored, since they had lots of problems.

After that, will you be taking a look at the cfw side of it? Or is refracting the tools your only goal for this fork?

Thanks!

duke_srg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
App injection was the last tools part not refactored. Menu and tools refactoring was my main goal, I can't say for sure I'll have much time for CFW fixing.

Reactions: Madridi

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
You can see milestones at github, where A9LH is planned. But assuming I have other activities and actually don't have much in-depth CFW knowledge, it could take a long time to implement, so not even Soon(TM).
could you at least make it bootable through a9lh? i am not saying makin it protect firms, but at least making it bootable.

duke_srg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
could you at least make it bootable through a9lh? i am not saying makin it protect firms, but at least making it bootable.
I could if I had a clue what prevents it from boot. I only know that framebuffer address is differen, though now framebuffer addresses for rxtools is set from all entry points the same way.

shawn_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For everyone who think rxTools is dead, please feel free to stay out of this thread. What's in this thread for you? Why are you here?

Every dev has their own plan. Feel free to use, contribute or disregard whatever you don't think is "suitable for you"

Agreed. If it's not for you, move on. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Im trying somehow to run rxmode on 2.5.2 to use devmenu and update to 9.2 but i cant, it says firmware corrupted. Does this have devmenu?

Edit: nevermind, I installed 3.0 beta and there's pasta mode option.

Last edited by RaMon90,

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Im trying somehow to run rxmode on 2.5.2 to use devmenu and update to 9.2 but i cant, it says firmware corrupted. Does this have devmenu?

Edit: nevermind, I installed 3.0 beta and there's pasta mode option.

how exactly did you update your system menu to 9.2 ? since my 3ds xl is still on 4.5e system firmware RXTools is the only CFW i can use & i must say it works well & this latest update called Yet Another RXtools made booting to emunand slightly faster. as long as RXtools remains compatible with future 3ds system firmwares i have no problem staying with it.

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
how exactly did you update your system menu to 9.2 ? since my 3ds xl is still on 4.5e system firmware RXTools is the only CFW i can use & i must say it works well & this latest update called Yet Another RXtools made booting to emunand slightly faster. as long as RXtools remains compatible with future 3ds system firmwares i have no problem staying with it.
Im right now still at 4.5 and i solved mset. Using 3.0 beta 02 with 99.9% bootrate, honestly a9hl is difficult for me. I have latest emunand and games are working. What do i want more?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!