Hacking [Pre-release, WIP] Yet another rxTools?

brennerei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How many times have you tired? Have no ideas since working fine for me :(
3 times. First after setup, second tried to autoboot holding the Y button and third tried through the menu again.
I'm not sure if it matters, but both times I tried using your version (with pre alpha 3 and 4), the setup never completes on the first try. The progress bar just doesn't move for a while and I have to cancel it with B, than try again, working the next time. The menu works fine though, so I'm not sure it's that.
Also, for what it's worth, I can't get Cakes to work either no matter what I try. Don't know if you guys share something. The old RxTools is the only one that works lol. The RxTools version I'm using is 934d1a3 btw, so it was before all the tools were removed.

duke_srg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
3 times. First after setup, second tried to autoboot holding the Y button and third tried through the menu again.
I'm not sure if it matters, but both times I tried using your version (with pre alpha 3 and 4), the setup never completes on the first try. The progress bar just doesn't move for a while and I have to cancel it with B, than try again, working the next time. The menu works fine though, so I'm not sure it's that.
Also, for what it's worth, I can't get Cakes to work either no matter what I try. Don't know if you guys share something. The old RxTools is the only one that works lol. The RxTools version I'm using is 934d1a3 btw, so it was before all the tools were removed.

First, are you trying with O3DS? Second, if you wait on Firmware Decryption progress bar, it takes about 30+ seconds on step 3 to complete - noticeable slower then first two parts and that is the NATIVE_FIRM.

brennerei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First, are you trying with O3DS? Second, if you wait on Firmware Decryption progress bar, it takes about 30+ seconds on step 3 to complete - noticeable slower then first two parts and that is the NATIVE_FIRM.
Yep, o3ds. And yeah, I wait a few minutes before cancelling, but I can try again and wait longer. I'll edit with what happens.

brennerei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, please, Because the progress bar just must finish.
Same thing, the progress bar fills completely, but nothing happens. Tried twice, leaving it for more than 5 minutes and it just wouldn't go. Cancelling and trying again gets me to the menu though! :/
The problem is probably something on my end, but I just can't figure it out. Will have to try out some more testing! D:

duke_srg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Same thing, the progress bar fills completely, but nothing happens. Tried twice, leaving it for more than 5 minutes and it just wouldn't go. Cancelling and trying again gets me to the menu though! :/
The problem is probably something on my end, but I just can't figure it out. Will have to try out some more testing! D:
Wait, after progress bar with firmware completes just hit any button! :)

duke_srg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Pressing B cancels it out and I pressed A once and it got me to a blank RxTools menu, just the background with no text, that slowly faded to black lol. It was weird.
Blank background happens when font is not extracted. Progressbar with no text must finish. Have you ever entered the menu?

For N3DS, [NUS URL]/0004013820000002/00000018 NG, 00000019 NG, 0000001A OK, 0000001B OK.
For O3DS, [NUS URL]/0004013800000002/00000049 NG, 0000004A NG, 0000004B OK, 0000004C OK.
Not all numbers ever existed, it is defined inside the tmd of the specified version. 9.6 versions are no longer available, but 10.0+ are still there, as well as all .tmd.

Last edited by duke_srg,

brennerei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Blank background happens when font is not extracted. Progressbar with no text must finish. Have you ever entered the menu?
Yes, I can enter the menu after pressing B and launching again. The progress bar reappears, finishes quickly and the menu shows up. Everything seems to work, but when I try to launch emunand, it freezes. (sorry for the late reply)
I'll post some images of where exactly it freezes tomorrow.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I can enter the menu after pressing B and launching again. The progress bar reappears, finishes quickly and the menu shows up. Everything seems to work, but when I try to launch emunand, it freezes. (sorry for the late reply)

What's the filesize of your 0004013800000002.bin inside the firm folder, which is inside rxTools folder? If it's 2 KB, then it's a dummy file, you'll have to find a proper o3DS 9.6 firmware.bin.

I was experiencing the same issue, until I decided to double check the .bin file sizes, and now it boots into emunand just fine on my system.

Anyways, @duke_srg keep up the good work~! <3

duke_srg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
@Temptress Cerise is right, first check you have the correct firmware files. There must be only 2 progress bars on clean boot - for font and for firmwares. Not sure about N3DS because additional firmware decypher is needed and was altered and I dont have a N3DS unit (have anyone checked?), but O3DS firmware should be fine.

@d0k3: Gateway sucks! It creates single-copy non-aligned FAT :wtf:

Last edited by duke_srg,

brennerei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What's the filesize of your 0004013800000002.bin inside the firm folder, which is inside rxTools folder? If it's 2 KB, then it's a dummy file, you'll have to find a proper o3DS 9.6 firmware.bin.

I was experiencing the same issue, until I decided to double check the .bin file sizes, and now it boots into emunand just fine on my system.

@Temptress Cerise is right, first check you have the correct firmware files. There must be only 2 progress bars on clean boot - for font and for firmwares. Not sure about N3DS because additional firmware decypher is needed and was altered and I dont have a N3DS unit (have anyone checked?), but O3DS firmware should be fine.
I'll check this out, thanks!
EDIT: this worked! :D I got the firmware from an old rxtools folder and I got to emunand! The first boot was just like the others, had to cancel and try again, but when I launched emunand, it didn't freeze and it opened fine! (: Thank you so much @Temptress Cerise .

Last edited by brennerei,

coinblock

Trophies
XP
Country
I've just tried switching over to this fork from RxTools 3.0 beta 2, and it seems to launch EmuNAND from the RxTools menu without any issues on menuhax. However, if I change the settings to boot into RxEmuNAND instead of the menu first, it crashes every time.

duke_srg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I've just tried switching over to this fork from RxTools 3.0 beta 2, and it seems to launch EmuNAND from the RxTools menu without any issues on menuhax. However, if I change the settings to boot into RxEmuNAND instead of the menu first, it crashes every time.
Are you using CTR BootManager?

duke_srg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Yes. On my N3DS XL running 9.0.0-20U SysNAND, with the latest Homebrew Launcher installed as well.
Well, I do have the same issue - unstable boot with CtrBootManager. You can try browser entry point and ensure autoboot works fine.

@d0k3 performed an experiment:
- Relocated FAT32 partition at 4MB boundry just behind EmuNAND
- Formatted it with 64KB cluster
- Adjusted reserved area to move cluster heap to 4MB boundry.
resultd:
- 3DS working with 64KB cluster just fine, so is preferred for 64GB+ cards;
- rxTools boots fine
- rxMode EmuNAND just hangs with menuhax + Ctr Boot Manager, but works fine with spider entry.
The only difference is that original card wad mSDHC 16GB Class10, while the tested one is Class6 and have a bit smaller size in sectors.

Last edited by duke_srg,

Domukuro Wolfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Dude, I install this release and i have some problems...

When i launch this rxtool for first time, everything is OK, but when i change the settings to boot with emunand, reboot the 3DS and when i launch again rxtool (don't pressig any button), menuhax is activated again and 3ds crashed when open again the RXTOOL, so, what is the problem here?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol