1. Neopain

Neopain Newbie
    Newcomer

Russia
    Good evening!
    I managed!
    I have removed PPSSPP from SWITCH folder (folder and file).
    I threw in a new assembly.
    Set the parameters:
    Rendering Resolution: Auto (1:1)
    Frame Skipping: Off
    Lazy Texture Caching: On
    Retain Changed Textures: Off
    Lower Resolution for Effects: Safe
    PSP Model: 2000/3000
    Disable Slower Effects: On

And voila - it works.

Thank you all for your help =)

livinitwarrior and pinbi7 like this.
  2. VeniaSilente

VeniaSilente Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Cote d'Ivoire
    Now this seems to be a very good emulator, I tested it and it worked well with the three games I was interested with - all of Dissidia [012], Monster Hunter Freedom Unite and Code Lyoko load.

One issue I'm having is the hotkey. Documentation says it's L3 which I think means "push the left joystick hat". But that doesn't seem to do anything.

The hat does work correctly for other functions, such as if I assign it to the (PSP) screenshot function or to save/load state. But not as a hotkey.

(Possibly unrelated, assigning a button to the "toggle fullscreen" command makes the system crash back to home menu if the button is pressed. I normally wouldn't care, I only tested it because I thought if I could not access the PPSSPP menus from the hotkey, maybe I could have done it from touch in a windowed mode)

**EDIT**: I don't take it there's an option to change the button associated to hotkey, or perhaps remap it to touchscreen?

Last edited by VeniaSilente, Sep 24, 2020
    W0NDERwaffle3 likes this.
  3. Tonyking

Tonyking Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey thank you for everything. Theres a game that i like alot its call, ape escape on the lose. When i try the game it crash, is theres a way i can play the game or there will be a future update?

4. OldGnashburg

OldGnashburg Cobra Chicken Summoner

Canada
    Is there a reason that Final Fantasy I will crash and give the message An Error Has Occured, on this version and not the Retroarch version?

5. bad361

bad361 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Russia
    Yeah, this reason is called a compatibility issue. If it works in RA, but not in standalone, well... just hope for future updates i guess. Until then play in RA if it works there...
    If your other games work and you use ppsspp the right way (launching through title redirection bla bla..), then try RA core, may be a compatibility issue too, idk. Also worth trying to launch your rom on pc ppsspp, just to see if everything's fine.

Tonyking likes this.
  6. livinitwarrior

livinitwarrior GBAtemp Regular

United States
    What is the correct directory? I can't seem to find it (i've copied my cheats to like, 4 different locations without any change

Disregard-----

Last edited by livinitwarrior, Nov 6, 2020
  7. TheFieryBreeze

Newcomer

Tried playing Assassin's Creed Bloodlines. the game crashes on 'Start' screen after all the intros, I tried both usa and eu versions of the game on retroarch, standalone 1.9.3+ and 1.9.0. Am I doing something wrong or is the game incompatible? Thought it would be cool to play that handheld as intended...

8. TheFieryBreeze

Newcomer

Nevermind... Works perfectly on the release listed in this threads OP, 1.10.3

Broduskii likes this.
  9. Skandu-

Skandu- Member
    Newcomer

Argentina
    tried Legend of Heroes Prophecy Of The Moonlight Witch and A Tear of Vermillion and both crashed in the standalone version
    A Tear of Vermillion seems to works fine on RA

Last edited by Skandu-, Dec 1, 2020
  10. NekoPrism

NekoPrism Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm currently trying to play Fate/EXTRA with an HD texture pack but it doesn't seem to be working? I created the TEXTURES folder config/ppsspp/PSP via creating the textures.ini in-game. I replaced the texture file with the new one and loaded the game and the textures remain unchanged. I have checked to make sure my settings were set up so that they would change, and I'm confident they are. I tried on the PC emulator with the same iso and pack and it worked fine, but on switch it doesn't :/ Can anyone either walk me through how to do it or help me? Hopefully I'm just not being stupid :P

(EDIT: after the emulator crashed and I reopened it they started working. Dunno why or how lol)

Last edited by NekoPrism, Dec 9, 2020
  11. Wenneseph

Wenneseph Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Anyone having sucess with playing Tactics Ogre LUCT? I know may version "could" run it but it was very messy. And this version can't seem to run it at all it seems.

12. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    LUCT works fine for me but only at 1x resolution, just use the zoom-out feature in combat and the sprites will be perfectly aligned and look sharp. Also frameskip will give you a black screen but again, stick to 1x and you won't need it. Make a game-specific config if you need to.

13. shedeus

shedeus GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Does the existance of this standalone mean ppsspp libretro/RA is orphaned and no longer supported with updates?

14. pinbi7

pinbi7 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    The standalone and the ra plugin are maintained by the same guy @m4xw

Last edited by pinbi7, Dec 12, 2020
  15. shedeus

shedeus GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Precisely. And since the standalone has special features not available in the RA core, makes me wonder if the RA core is getting left behind to focus on the standalone app

16. pinbi7

pinbi7 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    the standalone hasn't been updated since last august(08/17/2020)
    , im not sure its still being worked on ,but from personal experience they where both performing pretty much the same

Last edited by pinbi7, Dec 12, 2020
  17. shockme17

shockme17 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    is this still working on 11.x ? Ive reinstalled but i keep getting black screen on load

18. banner88

banner88 Member
    Newcomer

Thank you for your work!!! As a result, I have portable Realmz - a classic RPG from Mac Os in portable mode!

Running on Mac Os 7.5, which is running on Basilisk II, which is running on PPSSPP on switch. I love how this is possible with this community.

Attached Files:

hippy dave likes this.
  19. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

United Kingdom
    That's some awesome emuception!

20. SexiestManAlive

SexiestManAlive The key that lights the dark

United States
    was playing dbz shin budokai and first time i launched it worked fine, could go into training and fight no problem, turned on upscaling and now it freezes everytime i try and start a fight, even with it turned off, only way to fix it is if i delete the save data
    anybody know whats going on?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Standalone, PPSSPP, Switch