[PPOTW] Which do you think is better, android or ios?

Which one is better, android or ios?

• Total voters

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
android because it can dual boot on some devices like the galaxy S3, with the right hack.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2270158 (be-careful this is for the international galaxy S3 so dont flash on a NA galaxy S3 it can brick your phone)

plus many many other things, like custom roms.. you can find the perfect rom for yourself if you look around and have the device.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See, the last three Android devices I've owned have been laggy as heck, even after rooting 'em and cleaning up all the crap. iOS runs smoothly on every Apple device. Yeah, I'm not a fan of how restricted it is, but whenever I use it, it's stable.

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
iOS - constrained OS with next to no customisability and has the most apps.
Android - as open as it can be. Emulation heaven but a lot less Apps than the App Store. (I still want my TWEwY on Android, Square! :angry: )
Windows Mobile - Good UI with average customisability but seriously lacks apps.
Each one has a thing going for them, but I think iOS suits a tablet more, Android - a smartphone and Microsoft should really get some third party support for their OS to become as good as the first two.

ii-c-going

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
IOS, mostly because i use it on all my portable devices. Don't have to worry is a certain app is running on my device, and i don't care for customization. Feels the smoothest and user-friendly to me...

For me, a device should just do what i want it to do. Thats IOS for me

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
To be honest there is *no* "best" Mobile OS.

There is "Best" for a user, but each and every user is different, With different needs and tastes. The same goes for the OS's they all have strengths and weaknesses. As such with my opinion I opted for "other" as I don't think there is a "Best"

My Personal Preferred is this at this point in time:
  1. iOS
  2. Blackberry OS
  3. Windows Mobile 5/6/6.5
  4. Android
  5. Symbian S60
Reasoning for top 3
iOS: It does what it should without needing hours of customization to do so, also typically the apps behave much better even on lesser hardware
Blackberry OS: I'm not totally sure but something "Clicked" with me on this OS and dat keyboard
Windows Mobile: Had been with it for many many years on and off so you could argue Nostalgia, Deal with it :P I still keep a HP iPAQ rw6815 around for old times sake

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have [had] iOS and Android devices, but a few weeks back, I bought a Nokia Lumia 920 (which is dirt cheap at a little over $300, while the slightly upgraded 925 is ~€5000! :O). I chose other, because daaaaaaaaaaamn Microsoft knows what they're doing!

Pretty awesome OS on a pretty awesome device!

Reactions: filfat

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you're gonna post something on the front page, you could at least use the proper way of typing the OSes.

It's "Android" and "iOS".

Also, neither OS is better than the other in my opinion. They both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd have to go with Android, since iTunes is always a pain in the ass to use, and that I like bigger screens. The iPhone seems so puny now, since I'm used to screens that are about 4.7 inches or so. I don't mind using iOS, but I feel like I have more freedom when it comes to Android.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If this had been a PS4 vs XBox ONE debate it would be easier on me :)

I like my paid 200 dollars less for in Android device that has oodles of good apps for it but......

All the best wargames are on the iPad GRRRRR how could they do that to me?

My choice is thus, play with the Android as much as possible and enjoy the games I do indeed have, and like it. Or drag around my laptop for when I want to play my wargames that are all essentially Windows games before they are mobile ports.

Unless I want to drop 600 bucks just to play a few wargames on an iPad.

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends what you are talking about. Software selection? Right now its ios but that is changing. Hardware? Android hands down. Apple is already losing the smartphone market. Apple still dominating the tablet market but that is going to change really soon unless they get there act together and start trying to 1 up the other people. Because Steve Jobs is not around I don't think they can do it.

D

Deleted_171835

iOS got the superior app selection, the sleek and cohesive design, the Apple touch, just the superior everything.

cry moar android scum. ;o;

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
(which is dirt cheap at a little over $300, while the slightly upgraded 925 is ~€5000! :O).

"Dirt cheap" and "$300" should never be used in the same sentence together, ever, at all.

iOS got the superior app selection, the sleek and cohesive design, the Apple touch, just the superior everything.

cry moar android scum. ;o;

Android > iOS

#DealWithIt

Reactions: TripleSMoon

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
I have [had] iOS and Android devices, but a few weeks back, I bought a Nokia Lumia 920 (which is dirt cheap at a little over $300, while the slightly upgraded 925 is ~€5000! :O). I chose other, because daaaaaaaaaaamn Microsoft knows what they're doing!

Pretty awesome OS on a pretty awesome device!
You are totaly right the Nokia lumia id lovely. But my vote still goes to Android. Becuse IOS just run on low end devices like the iPhone 5, iPad Mini. Brrr Apple what are you thinking with? Not your iBrain... You should atleast try to make the peoples who know anything want you. At the moment theres just blonde's who buy it becuse its popular. Yep Apple you made a greate job on making a shity product popular. Conz whats next? iShit? Or iPaper for 500$? *Sigh*

EDIT: When there comes to tablet so is Windows 8 the clear winner(no not the Windows RT version). As it can play all PC application. So basicly all your programs you are used to have on a Computer... Unles you have a iMac... Then "Curse You Zelda" "Curse You Link" "Curse You Apple!!!" "Ahhh" (Zelda OOT).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-