Potato Salad

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Or! Maybe, just maybe... just maaaaybe... Some people have a sense of humour and giggled at this, figured "Holla holla, for that I'll pay a dolla!" and chipped in because hey - it's lulz, why not? :)

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I REFUSE to pay for ANYTHING that is yet to be made or finished. Others may think differently but I beg to differ. You are funding people/developers to complete a product so THEY can make profit out of it? They didnt have the funding to begin with to make any money and they USE your money to make the profit? Get my thinking behind it?
Technically, buying anything means people/developers make profit out of it.

Crowdfunding can fund projects that would never be funded otherwise. The Double Fine Adventure for example would never have been funded through regular means. There are things people would like made, but can't get funded because the audience is "niche", and this is one way of making it happen.

On the other other hand, it makes people put their money where their mouth is. Everyone on the internet "wants" games/products/stuff, but they don't want it bad enough to actually buy it once it's out.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
At least this Kickstarter bombed. There's hope yet.

389bc40ffb.png

Source

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does a project like that not get shitcanned immediately? That's gotta be a copyright violation, not to mention a violation of good taste.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Or! Maybe, just maybe... just maaaaybe... Some people have a sense of humour and giggled at this, figured "Holla holla, for that I'll pay a dolla!" and chipped in because hey - it's lulz, why not? :)

102 Backers have pledges $50 or more...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4