Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
GartimusPrime said:
kylster said:
Replacing the System Menu with JoyFlow was buggy and not recommended in the forums I believe; best to have kept it as a forwarder in priiloader.

Crap? like the old channel creator? I know discex is sneek/uneek format ready.
I figured as much but I have alot of trouble accessing priiloader in uneek...it frustrates the crap out of me.....as far as crap channels are concerned it looks as though they are only iso and wbfs compatible.....just thought it would be cool to have everything right in postloader.
I just heard a workaround for that issue: rename USB:\sneek\font.bin. That prevents it from going insane after a couple seconds. Unfortunately, that file is needed if you want to use the system menu overlay menu (where you select your games and stuff). So it's best to just rename it, make sure everything in priiloader is set up the way you want it to be, and then rename it back to font.bin.

Another off-topic thing is that joyflow and obcd are busy on having a .wbfs-compatible uneek. Still a slick chance, but better than nothing.

@stfour: I must admit I first thought the same about multiple nands as well. What's the point of having 2 emu-nands if one emu-nand can already hold everything and the kitchen sink. And your channel filtering options are already good, so it's not
Of course, the answer is that you can literally have separate wii's. No more "this game only has 3 savegames" or "I don't want my little brother to mess with my settings" or things like that. And it'll even provide a good way for beta testers to quickly check the behavior of a program under different system menu's/installed IOS'es.
smile.gif

So...yeah. I must say the features has way more to it than I first thought.
smile.gif

(kinda reminds me of Crediar...his projects are often so revolutionary that they mostly get popular afterwards).

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would it be possible to have to option to display different image sizes for channels if you wanted...for instance I would love to be able to display the flat covers (or 3D covers) from wiitdb. It could be an option so you could display which ever you choose....

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
postLoader2 b30

* Changed detection folder for the nand (now is title/00000001)
* Changed how ahbprot is patched on ios reload (thx daveboal, waiting for feedback on dvd video and wiimc)
* Added support for nand folders (see NOTES on readmii.txt)
* Changed channels home menu'. Added "NAND Source" for selecting nand, NAND option for rebuild cache, download covers, reset configuration
* Changed the time for displaying errors in nandbooter (from 5 seconds to 2)

NOTES:

NAND Folders:

Alternate nand folders are supported only on SD and USB on first partition (active)

Download on first post

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
GartimusPrime said:
would it be possible to have to option to display different image sizes for channels if you wanted...for instance I would love to be able to display the flat covers (or 3D covers) from wiitdb. It could be an option so you could display which ever you choose....

QUOTE(stfour @ Sep 9 2011, 09:09 AM) Then I will need to rewrite user interface to make it common for titles and channels. Actually it seems the same but it isn't. And it make hard to have much more customized themes and add another view (
rolleyes.gif
, I have two interesting ideas that I want test/implement )

Before any graphic enhancements I need to do that. I should facepalm myself for this, but it was unespected to add so much thing at the beginning of pl development.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Create a folder on the root of sd or usb and copy your nand dump inside. Only first level folder are supported.

USB://nand1 is ok
USB://nands/nand1 wrong

I'm not aware of file name limitation on cIOSX d2x

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
stfour said:
Create a folder on the root of sd or usb and copy your nand dump inside. Only first level folder are supported.

USB://nand1 is ok
USB://nands/nand1 wrong

I'm not aware of file name limitation on cIOSX d2x

If you could make this work, it would be compatible with the switch2Uneek setup.
This implementation is for no use to me now.
Also you can setup nands using Modmii-by Xflax this way :USB://nands/nand1.
Wich is also a good way to keep Nands organized, seeing most People that use Multiple nands, use their HDD for almost anything regarding Wii usage.

So please implement second level folder support if possible for the next update.
I think it would make people happy that have things working with UNeek + Switch to uneek very happy.
And it would'nt hurt new user I think.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Hielkenator

So, If I understanded well, you want a way to switch nands under neek. And not for emulation under d2x. Right ?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
stfour said:
@Hielkenator

So, If I understanded well, you want a way to switch nands under neek. And not for emulation under d2x. Right ?

Well, not nessicarily.
If you could make postloader switch the content of the Nands folder to the root folder like switch to uneek does.

Example:

On hdd : USB:/Nands/ Nand1/ nanddump1
USB:/Nands/Nand2/ this is on root usb
USB:/nanddump2

When switching: USB:/Nands/ Nand1/ this is now on root usb
USB:/Nands/Nand2/ nanddump2
USB:/nanddump1

Basicly this would mean reading and copying the contents of the Nand folders to the root of the USB HDD.

If you could make such a function to be handeld from Postloader it would be the same thing.
I'm doing this now by starting switch to uneek, choosing my NAND + booting Uneek Nand, then exiting via switch to real ( back to reak Wii )
So the folder of the chosen nand are on the ropot of my HDD wich are then readable by postloader. ( basicly just switching folder and root content )

As you can see this is rather tedious.
If you could make postloader switch nand folder content to the root of the hdd at will , this would eliminate the need of switch to uneek or booting Uneek.
Or you could implement 2nd level folder acces.

Again I'm no programmer so maybe this is something not possible with d2x cios but would reading, copying , reading a viable option?

Maybe a check out of the code used in switch 2 uneek can help out.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
AFAIK emulated nand can't be changed "on the fly". Also usb is not accessible by homebrew using uneek (odbc was working on this). The best solution shuold be make neek capable of supporting alternate nand folder, reading (for example) a configuration file from sd. Maybe this is already possible and I'm not aware of it.

Otherwise can be possible to select alt. nand under uneek and make the process automated. But will require a boot to real, a copy process (I suppose long), and boot to uneek again. A lot of time...

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
stfour said:
AFAIK emulated nand can't be changed "on the fly". Also usb is not accessible by homebrew using uneek (odbc was working on this). The best solution shuold be make neek capable of supporting alternate nand folder, reading (for example) a configuration file from sd. Maybe this is already possible and I'm not aware of it.

Otherwise can be possible to select alt. nand under uneek and make the process automated. But will require a boot to real, a copy process (I suppose long), and boot to uneek again. A lot of time...

How about a modified code of Switchmii?
To just swap the folders on HDD, but without booting to Neek.

You could try to make it part of the reading of Nands postloader.

FYI switching folders with switch mii takes only about 5~10 seconds, before going into the process of booting Uneek.
I can ask Xflak about the code, because he partially modified the code.

I can image it would work like this:

Postloader acceses USB drive to select nand folders.Root/ Nands/nand1, 2 ,3 etc.
switchmii code switches folder on root usb and instead of booting to uneek it boots back to post loader.
Postloader reads root USB again and auto updates the channel cache.
Current NAND dump on USB is acceseble now from postloader.
This should take no more then 10 sec.

To use a different NAND, repeat process.

If this can't be implemented into postloader, it would be a neat Homebrew to go along with Postloader.
A homebrew to just switch the folders.

Madrigal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wiiware isn't working for me. It shows a bunch of text, the crashes to the system menu. Mighty Channels works fine though. Any idea what's happening? The error text says something about being unable to mount the NAND.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Madrigal said:
Wiiware isn't working for me. It shows a bunch of text, the crashes to the system menu. Mighty Channels works fine though. Any idea what's happening? The error text says something about being unable to mount the NAND.

What is ciosx version/slot ?

Troelzkii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
stfour said:
postLoader2 b30

* Changed detection folder for the nand (now is title/00000001)
* Changed how ahbprot is patched on ios reload (thx daveboal, waiting for feedback on dvd video and wiimc)
* Added support for nand folders (see NOTES on readmii.txt)
* Changed channels home menu'. Added "NAND Source" for selecting nand, NAND option for rebuild cache, download covers, reset configuration
* Changed the time for displaying errors in nandbooter (from 5 seconds to 2)

WiiMC still not working unfortunately. I still get an "invalid DVD error" when I start through postloader. When started through HBC there is no problem.

Madrigal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
stfour said:
Madrigal said:

What is ciosx version/slot ?
d2x cIOS v7 in slot 249.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...